operating centre

does anyone know of somewhere that rents out parking bays,that you can use as a o/c in the darftord,maidstone,thurrock areas :question: any idears will be gratefully recived.
thanks.

Try Detling Cold Store.At the top of Detling Hill,just passed the show ground

That place on the 228 at snodland no good then jammo?

i called in left name and no but no one got back to me bloke didnt seem to interested. sorted now at detling thanks robbies dad :laughing: just gota wait on the o license now

I’m looking at changing my licence to include a drawbar.

I’d need to be in a bigger yard, so I wrote to 20 companies between Tonbridge and Knockholt (got details from the VOSA on line system.

Had four replies so far — all negative.

I’d be interested if anyone has any suggestions.

Farmers.

Try the truck stop in thurrock there is a sign up in there for bays to rent for owner drivers. No idea how much only noticed it the other day

Thanks for your replies.

Farms — I’m on one at the moment. It’s a bit of a nuisance because the “horsey” people just seem to park anywhere and don’t realise how much room a truck needs to get in / out. Farmer is a nice bloke and really helpful — I can use power, water, pressue wash etc. But the yard is also “soft”, so its sloshing around in the mud when it rains. Not good at 04:00, and the cab and tyres get really grubby.

I didn’t think of Thurrock. I’ve not been down to that truck stop, but I’ll go and take a look.

I have been offered a space in what sounds like a secure yard. Ex freight operator, about 20 trucks there at the moment. But he’s applied for planning permission for houses, and its likely this would only work out for a year. It must be roughly £600 to change the O’Licence — not sure if it’s a good idea, but it is my banker!