Prospect of being a owner driver

Hi guys and gals i am very new to this web site so bear with me if i waffle but i am in the process of looking for a operating base in leicestershire for one unit and trailer if any one can help and a bit of advice of owner drivers of what to look out for wud be appreciated :thanks andy

Welcome to Trucknet Truckerandy. Which part of Leicestershire are you looking to set up in ? I know they rent space at Shepshed truckstop J23 , think its approx £55.00 PW. If you are going to sub off a bigger haulier they might be able to help with parking .

thanks 4 the reply i am based south leicester but shepshed wud certanly be an option for me as hopefully i will only need to use it over the weekend

do believe i saw a sign advertising hgv parking on the big industrial estate near coalville the other day, can’t remember exactly where but might be worth a drive round.

[cheers paul b looks like thats saturday morning sorted out and possably sat afternoon

Sorry to ■■■■ into your topic, Andy, but could i ask the same question for myself ? i’m in Luton and looking for some parking space for one unit.
Cheers. :blush:

any joy andy?

paul b:
any joy andy?

hi paul thanks for asking still looking but keep getting different suggestions but nothing being offered. not to worry i will find somewhere with people like your good self helping ta andy

trickymick:
Sorry to ■■■■ into your topic, Andy, but could i ask the same question for myself ? i’m in Luton and looking for some parking space for one unit.
Cheers. :blush:

im glad im not the only one struggling wot a nightmare hope u find somewhere soon trickymick

just had a thought, try motorcall, they’re at cossington, the number’s 01509 814141 talk to alvin, he dosn’t own the land but rents a part of it for truck sales, i’m sure he’ll put you on to the owner who also has a commmercial garage there, so could probably sort your maintainence contract out as well, if needed.