Trying to buy another truck

I have just spent the last 10 days or so searching for an additional truck. I have travelled all over the country and viewed 8 trucks at various dealers. All of them have told me during the initial telephone conversation about what good condition and how tidy each truck was, but sadly on each occasion the viewing did not meet the expectation. It ranged from cracked windscreens, oil leaks, drilled holes, with EDC and ABS lights constantly on ( this vehicle having just passed its MOT somehow) to another vehicle that had steering that shook your fillings out if you took it over 40 mph.

Dealers do not seem to care about the fact that you may have to travel upto 100 miles or more to view the said truck and when the faults are pointed out to them, they say you are being too fussy and you should buy a new truck instead of a used one if you want one that is totally faultless.

I do not expect a truck to be as new but I certainly like it to be roadworthy and able to go to work immediately.

How do these Dealers make a living■■?

I have now arranged to hire a truck for the New Year and will continue my search once Christmas is over.

P.S.
I am not trying to buy a truck for £1500.00, I am actually looking at a price bracket between £20 and £45 K. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Come and see my Mercedes 2543 6x2 44ton Megaspace. I think it’ll fit the bill. Yours for £27,000+vat. Send me a PM if your interested. Happry christmas.

All truck dealers seem to be the same new or used.

They just want to sit back and let you do all the work and it’s no skin off their nose if their lying costs you dough

we had similar problems to you, travelled up and down the country to see sheds that were supposed to be in excellent condition. Then told new ones were due in next week - come back then as they will be totally spotless - even though they hadn’t been viewed by the dealer yet!!!

We have bought our last few vehicles from Smith Bros in Widnes as they seem to say what they mean and offer a good service.

Search via the internet through main make web-sites and ask them to e-mail you pictures of the truck inside and out, if they ain’t got a digital camera, they probably ain’t worth buying off.

v8SCANNY m8 you will be ok just as long as you dont buy a foden they are Pooh :laughing: the one that looks like a Daf :blush:

I know a man in Glos has a few "low mileage " trucks available :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

My 2001 Merc Mega space is still for sale, ( I haven’t advertised it yet though ) but as I’ve heard nothing from V8scanny, I’m guessing that he’s not interested. Would have been nice to get an Email saying so though :unamused:

Hi

Could you post further details and pics if possible of the Merc Actros.

Cash waiting for the right unit!!

Thanks

richard.

Austria,

You have PM! :smiley:

This firm might be worth a try:-

Commercial Vehicle Asset Management LTD
Postal address: Rhyl Road, Denbigh, Denbighshire, LL16 5SU
Telephone: 01745 816775
sales@cvam.co.uk

I’m not plugging / advertising. There web site is lousy and out of date, but they do have a good stock of rigids / units / trailers.

A mate of mine has purchased two units from them, and I’m tempted by something they have in stock. Went to see them last week — spent three hrs there, including a 30min test drive. Seem to be good people to deal with.

Might be worth giving them a call if you haven’t already.

My boss just traded a V8 Scania topline classic spec in, colour coded white,all the leather, big lockers etc, alloy wheels. 4x2, Y reg. Its at Roy Humphreys,Renault bods,near Diss in South Norfolk, half way between Norwich and Ipswich. Dont know the km"s or owt. Motor is sound, been doing Germany for the last year, mostly light work, driver was gutted when it went and he got a Magnum in its place :cry: Humphreys are a regular advitiser in commercial motor, ask for Jamie, say Kindle passed info to you.

Kindle did your boss buy a magnum from Roy Humphreys. Roy had a brand new one looked well smart, 6X2, alloy wheels, big tanks, leather trim, fridge, 6 spots, looked a lovely motor. If he did buy that then i think biggles is well lucky,even if he did give up a Scania

Hello mad, yep, thats the one my boss bought, got as many extras as a renault do :laughing: got different stripes on it now though, plus the company name,.
Biggles didnt get that one, as he has the same principle as me, we dont drive right hand drive trucks, too long in left hookers :sunglasses: .
Around 5 months ago the boss bought a 4x2 Magnum,(right hand drive) and to the annoyance of the driver of the white Scania, he gave it to him :confused: , and the boss moved into the white Scania. then 3 weeks ago when we got back to the yard there was the Magnum you mentioned, and much to mine and Biggles releif, boss said he was having it, mind you if he had have given it to either of us we would have jacked in there and then! Hence the white Scanny up for sale.
If this new one for Biggles does turn up, it will be kitted out and look the bizz, but if Biggles does end up in it i doubt you will see him driving along with a smile on his face :confused:

try kelburg mate they had some very tidy super space cabs for around the top end of what ya wanna pay :laughing:

i`ll agree…kelburg have some very decent trucks…thats where my boss bought his l/h super space cab daf from…a good motor for the right price…