Recovery Truck Question

Hi Folks

A friend of mine has a 1942 MACK recovery truck that he is in the process of “doing up”. He’s having it classed as a classic vehicle and stuff, but he’s after the original or replacement parts.

Does anyone know of any weblinks, photos, or places where he/I can see/get information on this setup? I’ve got some photos if you’d like your memory jogged?

Last time I visited him, a couple weeks ago, he fired it up to pop up the local garage for a couple of snacks, and introduced me to its “crash” gearbox. Had fun with that :smiley: :smiley:

It’s, er, very basic in the cab, and very high off the ground. It took me a moment or two just to work out how the heck to get in the cab! I’ll find a place I can stick the piccies for you to go and have a look.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

If the pics are stored on the web you can put them in your thread on here or in the Transport Photo Forum further down the list of forums.

Hi Smeserver.

Why not put a ‘Wanted’ ad on Trucknet U.S.A. ?

Explain the restoration, I’m sure the yanks would help as it is a classic motor.

You never know what parts are hiding in barns etc.

Cheers,

Niall.

Thanks. I was gonna put them on my server but that went belly up the other day. I’ll find somewhere on the web and give you the link to peruse it like :slight_smile:

Got some smashing shots, but, alas, being Wales, it was raining!

Right. Found a public server and have uploaded the files there

smeserver.gq.nu should give you a 3 column thumbnailed webpage with the files in there.

Alas some are sized wrong but I was in a hurry alas :frowning: BUt I’ve checked and they are all there.

Lemme know what you think please before I go off to the places you’ve suggested :slight_smile:

Cheers