What would you buy????

What would you buy??..and why■■?

I’m thinking of buying a new truck, but really can’t make my mind up as to what to have.

cheers
STEVE.

you could always buy a nice clean, tidy S reg scania 124-380 6x2 unit :smiley:
i think im gonna have trouble finding a driver for it :frowning:

paul

Paul, yeah I thought you might have had some interest there.

Did anyone serious contact you■■?

As for the truck I don’t think I will get much wet concrete on that and before you tell me I could stretch it its only got two wheel drive!!!

cheers
STEVE.

hello steve,
ive not even had a view on here about the job, everyone must be happy what they are doing!
ive got an ad going in the local rag this week, but i dont hold out much hope, it took ages to find my last driver, the truck stood for three weeks :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
we shall see :confused: :confused:
i see a lot of 6x2 mixers round here with an extra lift axle forward of the drive bogie, they look like they will go anywhere
id probably by a daf if that helps :smiley: :smiley:

cheers
paul

If it was me I would demo every make of truck that suited the task I wanted to use it for, then get the deals written down and then go round each and every dealer to see "the whites of their eyes"and who is going to go that extra mile for you to clinch the deal.You will probably find a clear favourite will emerge before too long!!

hi steve,
in your line of business i would go for a foden. purely because they are well built and cheap to buy. a that a lot of mixer drivers seem to be getting the mercedes which are good trucks but they are full of complicated electrics and with all that building site mud and water etc it wont be long before it starts playing up.

Hi Dave,

I quite fancy a Foden as it goes :slight_smile:

Like you say the Mercs are very technical.

I was talking to a concrete pump driver the other day who had a six wheel Actros on a 52 plate.

Halfway through a journey the computer flashed up "Visit workshop@

Five miles later…“Visit workshop now”

Five miles after that…" visit workshop urgent"

With that the whole lot shut down and he had to coast to the side of the road and wait two hours for a Merc fitter to come out :cry:

That would be the end of that 6metre load if it happened to me :cry: :unamused:

The biggest problem I have with a Foden is that the nearest service agent is thirty five miles away, could be worse I know but that would mean finishing early to get the truck up there for service, hoping to get night time servicing.

The other options,

Scania…agent about 12 miles away…Don.t really like them though!!

Daf… agent all of 200 yards away but they only work 8-5 :confused:

Merc …dealer about 300yards away but as previously said about electronics plus they are a bit heavy.

MAN … Dealer about two miles away,24hour servicing etc, trouble these
are a bit heavy as well and the TG cab isn’t an option …yet… supposed to be available sometime next year.

Big Truck, oh if only I could demo all the different makes, trouble is they don’t have truckmixers “off the shelf”

Nearly forgot the good old Atki, dealer network almost non-existant, service agent about fifteen miles away, and the lightest of all them !!!

Still thinking will let you all know when and if I decide :confused: :open_mouth: :confused:

cheers
STEVE.

What about ERF Steve?, you did’nt mention them.

If I could have British Truck over here, I would like the ERF ECX Olympic Sovereign (with all the bells and whistles), maybe if I liked the ERF/TGA I might go for that, but I prefer a British Truck and the ECX Olympic was the last of the ‘real’ ERF’s for me!

For a Euro Truck either a DAF XF 95 Superspace cab, Iveco Stralis or the Volvo FH Globetrotter.

But in reality I know I will have to have a Yank Truck, so I will go for the closest we can get to a Euro over here and that would of course be a Volvo VN, I’d have another mid-roof like I have now (it was the VN 610 but now it is the VN630), I’d have the Volvo Engine (hopefully they will come out with something bigger than the 465HP) AND until they offer the ‘I’ Shift, I would spec a ZF Freedomline, I would also spec it with a tag-lift axle (practically unheard of over here) I do like the wheelbase I have at the moment so would re-spec that 230" WB

cliff, i dont dont that erf do the tga cab as a six wheeler yet. but its a great truck so it wont be long.

Like you say Dave the TG cab is not available on a six or eight wheel tipper chassis …Yet.

I was wondering wether I could get an ERF serviced at the MAN dealer??

Well it is the same company after all.

I am not sure at the moment wether I am going to have a six or an eight wheeler .

I have got to say that I really fancy the comfort shift box sounds like its just the thing for my kind of work.

I did speak to the MAN sales bods at Truckfest last year and they told me that the TG cab is due to come online sometime next year probably not till late in the year though.

I will be having a meeting or two in the new year and we will see what happens then.

cheers
STEVE.