what would you buy?

if you had 10k to spend on a tractor unit whar would you buy??

fh12.

Whatever was best value for money at the time. I’d look a good few over, check mpg parts prices ect, and call round to other firms that operated that type of motor, and get the low down on them, then make a decision based on all that!

Mal.

At that end of the market Id probably go for an ex fleet 124 etc! More than likely well serviced as a routine, and if its from a market chain, more than likely never even been slept in!!

On the other hand, Id be tempted to buy something like an old magnum like toytowns.

Or there is even the case of buying an old motor but at high spec!!

Personally, it would be a 142 Scania, but Im a die hard fan!!

kev

Absolutely no question …

MAGNUM

:laughing:

it would be either A >> MAN tga
B >> DAF xf
C >> VOLVO fh12
Mind you the new FH 16 certainly got my oil pressure up !
corrrrrrrr…VROOM VROOM !!

But the tga etc isnt in the 10k budget!!

Kev

At that price the only FHs and big Scanias are getting a bit old. To get a newer motor you have to look at less fashonable kit. Iveco Eurostars are cheap as are Eurotechs. Maybe ERFs or Renualt Premiums. The main thing is to find a truck that has been looked after and maintained by the book as opposed to by the budget. Buying ex fleet motors can be good altough they might have high mileage they will be maintained by the book and if the motor needed new tyres 6 weeks before sale it would have got new tyres and they will still be on the motor because the bean counters just write the cost off.

SCANIA ? Sounds familliar ? Arnt they made by corgi................... yes my two boys have a couple of them........................... and they keep breaking down as well!! I dont know about 10 grand though I think we bought them for about £9.95 each & the`re already sign-written ! somebody by the name of ELLIE STOBBIT or something ! Can any one enlighten me on this shady sounding character, or am I mooing up the wrong daffodill !

At that price it will be hard to beat the ex Irlam 2000/yr 385/400hp 6x2 Renault premiums with privilage cabs sold recently at truck auctions!!!

Bigtruck was that a local auction to us?? IE Wilsons etc■■?

That seems good money!!

Kev

A post office! Or a corner shop! :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry just joking. But you could go to one of those reposession companys they`ve usually got some good motors that are fairly new & just need the outstanding payments settled to buy them. Could be worth looking into.

Kev,
No I read it in one of the truck mags,and its true because I see alot of Irlam livered Premium trucks now for sale on dealers lots in Classifieds In CM+ Truck Trader!!

Even better than that Bigtruck, Im still seeing O Hare DAFs on the road. Do you know any Corey drivers??

Kev

£10,000… 3 ERF’s :slight_smile:

or 30 ford cargo’s LOL

If I had 10 grand to buy a truck I’d buy a used Audi A6 instead, buying an old truck is looking for trouble so let the bosses do that. You’ll need another 10 grand to keep it running for the next few years.

FH12 of course

Lots of Renult Premiums coming onto the market due to buy backs, but they eat maintainance budgets & will include a good profit for Renult who made nothing on them first time round.

go for Mercedes Actros!!! :laughing: