what would you buy?

i thought the question was WHAT would you buy, and not why.

anyone have any idea what a Stralis Active space would come in at■■? A site more than 10k mind you but just enquiring…

Stralis active Space depends on spec but around £55000 straight deal I would say.Have been looking at 6x2 Medium roof Stralis Active times myself and would say if I was ready to deal tomorrow it will be between it and an ERF 420c AS tronic high entry sleeper.

I wouldnt have a STRALIS if it was given to me, not if the ones at work are any thing to go by. The judges must have been looking at the wrong truck when they awarded it ‘TRUCK OF THE YEAR’ that or they put names in a hat !
Our yard runs mostly MERCS & DAF and when they need oil, flip the grill, top up oil,grill down & your off.Time taken 5-10 mins max.
TRUCK OF THE YEAR : Take reading from dash,stow all gear in cab safley, tilt cab with electric button(if working ), check and fill with oil, lower cab (providing wind hasnt caught it & bent the rams so that the cab cannot be lowered under any circumstances whatsoever), secure cab & your off . Time taken 20 mins -half hour. Great start to the day dont you think ? If thats technology Ill keep the DAF thanks !

I’d go for the FH12. To get a decent XF you’re talking around £25,000. So that 1 is probably out of the equation :smiley:

10k :open_mouth: You`ll never see that kind of wonger in this game… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

A truck driver with 10 grand? I WISH :exclamation:

Done class 1 since 1995 I could just about scrape 2gether enough for a pram with twin stacks of course… :wink:

A toy for personal pleaure and a lifetime supply of batteries■■? :blush: :blush: :blush:

Steady alli… :open_mouth:

Blimey alli, you need that sort of toy :wink:

You lot know I meant an ERF?

Don’t you■■?

About 10 G reg Volvo F10’s :smiley: . He might have persuaded me to part with mine Monday by giving me a '97 Actros (why I need one for local work I don’t know). I hope the fitters have their week clear. I’m having four fillings and an extraction Monday morning :open_mouth: :frowning: .

M8 without doubt the best for your 10k would be a 3series 143 450/500 you would get a decent one for 10 k no probs, best m8 of mine has one in leicester V Pepper , hes an o/ :laughing: d, he had a new 144 530 but payments??

he now owns his 143 500 out right minimum repair bills but he looks after it :smiling_imp: