24v power point on 2005 volvo fm to install inverter

Hi wondering if anyone can tell me where the easiest place to take power from for a 24v inverter in my 2005 volvo fm globetrotter cab? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Open the grill, look to the left near pollen filter, you will see a fat red cable, this is the direct feed from the batteries, now inside the cab remove the passenger side lower foot trim and other bits of plastic dash, you should find a terminal with said fat red cable on, that’s your feed in, connect to that.

biggriffin:
Open the grill, look to the left near pollen filter, you will see a fat red cable, this is the direct feed from the batteries, now inside the cab remove the passenger side lower foot trim and other bits of plastic dash, you should find a terminal with said fat red cable on, that’s your feed in, connect to that.

Our company used to connect a couple of Schuko sockets to that so we could plug an inverter or a microwave in they fitted a fuse so if the socket didn’t work, it was only the separate fuse to change or reset.

Can seem to find the red cable, is this what you are talking about? Thanks

Yup…

Now go inside cab and remove plastic dash parts, lower cover, middle, and corner, and vents, and you will see that fixing on bulkhead inside with the main red cable which feeds everything. Connect your cable using eyed connectors.

Thanks for your help! All sorted now , cheers