Is it false economy to have your truck serviced on the cheap

Just changed the garage that does my 6 weekly checks and sevicing.
The end came for the previous garage when I needed assistance after having broke down 7 miles away from where the fitter was (one man band). One minute I was doing a steady fifty and next the engine just died on me. Now I’ve been with this bloke for over two years, and have even left him with a blank cheque when I’ve gone on holiday so he didn’t have to wait for his money, so when I needed a hand I thought he’d be there for me.
This is how the conversation went, “Hello John the engine has just died on me” reply was " Well it’s probably electrical, and I don’t know to much about that" His wife was in the background telling him his tea was nearly ready.
I ended up finding the problem myself (bolt on the end of the fuel pump had come loose, and engine was sucking air instead of fuel)
Now I will come to the point of this post, the garage I have changed to is £10 per hour more than the old garage, but he has found loads of defects that the other guy never mentioned. So although I thought I was getting a good deal I will have ended up paying though the nose.
If anyone knows of an Honest, Good, and Cheerful fitter, Let me know, because I don’t think there is such a thing.
Cheers I fell better now. :angry:

Hi m8,

Not an O/O myself but have been around trucks for a while & know the hassles :confused:

I use a one man band to maintain & repair my “toys” & he has always been good to me. i do get put to the back of the queue a bit but then mine isn’t a working vehicle so doesn’t matter & I KNOW he would come out if i got in trouble. APS March, not got his number handy but if yo want it, email me & I will send it off to you (my email info@signworkshops.co.uk). APS is based in Doddington but works mobile. The other one that comes to mind out your way is Charlie Welbourn, I know he used to do all Rocma work & Mr. Griggs can be very particular & doesn’t throw money away, so I assume Charlie is reasonably priced & good (certainly a happy sorta bloke if you want winding up :smiley: )

Dunno if it’s any help, but best i can do :wink:

John

Thanks John
I have sent Email to you, I will give this garage a fair chance, but it’s always handy to have a backup in this game. :laughing:

Received you mail but it bounces when i reply to AOL addresses ■■?

Will try to PM you, keep an eye out