A W jenkinson

Evening all does anyone have any info on the above company money and and general info appreciated cheers

Opinion varies depot to depot.
Which depot you looking at?

My experience, decent outfit compared to the majority of the big boys.
You are expected to maximise your hours (15s and 13s are the norm)
Money isn’t too bad, expect £600+ in the bank a week
Kit is decent and well maintained. I said decent, no luxuries though, only the newest in the fleet have fridges.
The work can be dirty and a lot of the sights more so. But the supply plenty of uniform and ppe including overalls.

It’s a bit of a marmite job really, not for everyone. I’ve enjoyed it and hated in equal measures, but I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not the job for me.

Any questions feel free to ask.

thxs mate i have been looking at sittingbourne depot whats the hourly rate ? Do they pay parking ?

Most sittingbourne drivers seem happy enough with their lot from those I’ve met.
They don’t pay hourly, you get a basic of £450, or 22% trucks profit or something like that. Whichever is greater.
You get a fuel bonus. My best was around £78 in a week. £25 night out. £9 meal allowance.
Yes they pay parking. Not the meal voucher though. So just get it with the meal voucher and knock off the extra before claiming.

Chunkzilla:
Most sittingbourne drivers seem happy enough with their lot from those I’ve met.
They don’t pay hourly, you get a basic of £450, or 22% trucks profit or something like that. Whichever is greater.
You get a fuel bonus. My best was around £78 in a week. £25 night out. £9 meal allowance.
Yes they pay parking. Not the meal voucher though. So just get it with the meal voucher and knock off the extra before claiming.

So if the percentage is specific, they will tell you how much your truck has made this week so you can work it out, and check that it is not just bs to keep you going …yeh?

Does this not compromise road safety if everybody theoretically goes like ■■■■ to up their percentage bonus?

Has nobody raised the point of query, that if one driver runs at a sensible pace alongside another who teararses like an idiot the wage differential over the year is minimal or is that not so.

You know what? I think I know the answers already mate tbh. :wink:

I have a mate on jenks, and his bonus is very healthy. They haul their own products (predominantly) so the haulage side charges the forestry side astronomical rates. He says Andover to Southampton pays £300. They do it as the transport side has most outlay, so they try to manipulate as much money from the forestry side to save the tax. He never complains and regularly takes high sixes for 5 days and 4 nights out

robroy:

Chunkzilla:

So if the percentage is specific, they will tell you how much your truck has made this week so you can work it out, and check that it is not just bs to keep you going …yeh?

Does this not compromise road safety if everybody theoretically goes like [zb] to up their percentage bonus?

Has nobody raised the point of query, that if one driver runs at a sensible pace alongside another who teararses like an idiot the wage differential over the year is minimal or is that not so.

Hi mate,
I’ll be honest, on the seeing the books side of things, I really don’t know. Never asked. I always looked at my wages against the amount of work done and was more than happy with the outcome so never bother to question it.

In terms of driving like a madman to get another load in, I personally felt it was more beneficial to drive in a economical manner and get the fuel bonus in, as with waiting time and traffic the extra load would never be attainable in reality.

I do agree with you though. I think it’s far better to be hourly paid than paid on percentages.

bjd:
thxs mate i have been looking at sittingbourne depot whats the hourly rate ? Do they pay parking ?

Do you know through which agency they employ workers? Or maybe they take people on directly? Thanks in advance.

I have done some work for Stobart, same job like A W Jenkinson - hauling all possible dirty stuff :wink: 5 days, 4 nights out, nights out paid but no parking or food allowance. Quite good pay for not very demanding job though. But work through agency and since it’s quiet time they don’t guarantee work each week.

Chunkzilla:

robroy:

Chunkzilla:

Does this not compromise road safety if everybody theoretically goes like [zb] to up their percentage bonus?

Hi mate,
I’ll be honest, on the seeing the books side of things, I really don’t know. Never asked. I always looked at my wages against the amount of work done and was more than happy with the outcome so never bother to question it.

In terms of driving like a madman to get another load in, I personally felt it was more beneficial to drive in a economical manner and get the fuel bonus in, as with waiting time and traffic the extra load would never be attainable in reality.

I do agree with you though. I think it’s far better to be hourly paid than paid on percentages.

I suppose the end justifies the means if you are happy with the money, and tbf I have heard that it is above the average.
However I am still not convinced (in my OWN opinion) though that the percentage thing is genuine, more of a way to get the maximum out of their drivers.
I have heard the scheme works in as much as what some of the drivers allegedlly do, such as start at ‘very stupid’ o clock to be first there, even though the place will not open for 2 hours, drive to the last possible second on their tachos, passing truckstops to park in lay bys to get away faster in the morning, or the unbelievable one or two who will work a Sunday…even though they do not get paid :open_mouth: (being on a salary) just to get first in the queue on a Mon am :unamused: .
I have heard of at least one who gets through the workload he is set, but is more streetwise if you like, so does the job at a sensible pace, and is on virtually the same amount over the year than the heroes are.

All that is just my own opinion , and I am not saying that this is accurate, nor saying that Jenks are doing anything at all underhanded towards their drivers.
(Think that just about covers my arse :smiley: )

At Work we’ve been getting a lot of Jenkinson’s and Stobarts in lately and other than the usual grumbles the Jenkinson’s drivers do seem happy with their job I asked about the percentage thing and the driver said it doesn’t seem to make much difference at the end of the week.
As said I did get the impression that they use all their hours up and a difference between Jenkinson’s and Stobarts is that I’m pretty sure most of Jenkinson’s are directly employed?? whereas Stobart’s is ALOT of agency drivers.
One thing I do notice is if they’re gonna be sat waiting for a load both Stobart’s and Jenkinson’s seem to not mind at all, this is not the same with other hauliers we use so I would guess the percentage thing is not that much of an issue with them?

Warning ! Don’t touch Them ! They talk to drivers Shockingly! And forget 22% truck earnings it’s a Con . They only pay what they want to ! Worst job ever !!! There training guy tells new drivers it’s 22% truck earnings it’s a lie !! Do yourself stay a favour Stay well clear of this cowboy outfit !

Bullied:
Warning ! Don’t touch Them ! They talk to drivers Shockingly! And forget 22% truck earnings it’s a Con . They only pay what they want to ! Worst job ever !!! There training guy tells new drivers it’s 22% truck earnings it’s a lie !! Do yourself stay a favour Stay well clear of this cowboy outfit !

Alright cov mate :laughing:

Bullied:

How cheap (or expensive) is your solicitor mate. :bulb: :smiley:

Also every Monday morning new guys start , come Friday guys legged it !!! Penrith Lockerbie lost plenty of drivers old and new . Whole apple is rotten !!!

stock-photo-caucasian-man-in-blue-cap-digs-grave-at-cemetery-265218665.jpg

I reckon somebody’s gonna get their second yellow followed by a red in 3…2…1. :bulb:
I’ll really miss the ‘‘family crisis over a stolen sat nav’’ when you’re on pre mod. :smiley:

robroy:
I reckon somebody’s gonna get their second yellow followed by a red in 3…2…1. :bulb:
I’ll really miss the ‘‘family crisis over a stolen sat nav’’ when you’re on pre mod. :smiley:

There’s a line, and ND clearly doesn’t have a clue where it is! :laughing: