simplonpc.co.uk/TOR_Line/TOR_Britannia06.jpg

navimania.net/tirrenia/flaminia.jpg

cdn2.shipspotting.com/photos/mid … 492957.jpg

nycruiseinfo.com/images/QE2/ … Statue.jpg

Or this one.

OTS:
Or this One0

hi,
back in 1994 i went plymouth to santander on the val de loir…what a session that was :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
regards andrew.

Another one.

I travelled on this ship, The Empire Windrush, hence my username! :slight_smile:

Pete.

mont lines.jpgwent on this from barri to bar (Montenegro)

Carryfast:
Yes and these amongst others.

simplonpc.co.uk/BritishRailJ … gb1979.jpg

shipspotting.com/gallery/pho … lid=470733

shipspotting.com/gallery/pho … lid=713271

What a load of bollox “CF”,the nearest you’ve been to a ferry is in a rowing boat on the pond in Hove !! Bewick.

Bewick:

Carryfast:

What a load of bollox “CF”,the nearest you’ve been to a ferry is in a rowing boat on the pond in Hove !! Bewick.

You’ll upset a lot of old Cunard employees by calling the QE2 a ferry. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi, OTS

I’ve been on this one and her sisters a few times!!
Chers Bassman

Bassman:
10Hi, OTS

I’ve been on this one and her sisters a few times!!
Chers Bassman

Are those the paddle steamers that used to run from Weston-Super- Mare, Bassman ?
Cheers Dave.

any one been on rms carmania

Carryfast:

Bewick:

Carryfast:

You’ll upset a lot of old Cunard employees by calling the QE2 a ferry. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Your not going to tell us that you were Master of the QE2 among your many acheivments on both,er,land and water ? Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

Carryfast:

Bewick:

Carryfast:

Your not going to tell us that you were Master of the QE2 among your many acheivments on both,er,land and water ? Cheers Bewick.

:open_mouth: :laughing:

No I was just one of the passengers who helped to pay his wages.But how hard can it be just steering the thing West or East nothing in the way and right foot to the floorboards for 5 days. :wink:

Carryfast:

Bewick:

Carryfast:

Bewick:

Carryfast:

No I was just one of the passengers who helped to pay his wages.But how hard can it be just steering the thing West or East nothing in the way and right foot to the floorboards for 5 days. :wink:

You are a “star” CF,look where that mindset got the captain of the “Titanic”.oh! is that you been towed behind in the “Jolly” boat on the end of a 500 mtr line ? Cheers Bewick PS Pass me the axe,he’s got oars!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi, Dave

No, Dave they were River Humber Ferries before they built the Humber Bridge, Operated by British Rail.
They stopped using them the day after the bridge opened in July 1981.
Unfortunately you couldn’t get any duty free on them.
There were three of them ,Lincoln Castle , Tattershall Castle and Wingfield Castle
Tattershall Castle is now a pub moored on the Thames opposite the London Eye
Wing field Castle has been restored and is now in preservation at the Historic Ship Quay at Hartlepool

Lincoln Castle served some time as a Restaurant near the Humber Bridge on Hessle Foreshore, was then moved to Alexandra Dock Grimsby to be used as a Pub/ restaurant
and was then scrapped.
Before the bridge they were part of everyday life in this area.

Cheers Bassman

Bassman:
Hi, Dave

No, Dave they were River Humber Ferries before they built the Humber Bridge, Operated by British Rail.
They stopped using them the day after the bridge opened in July 1981.
Unfortunately you couldn’t get any duty free on them.
There were three of them ,Lincoln Castle , Tattershall Castle and Wingfield Castle
Tattershall Castle is now a pub moored on the Thames opposite the London Eye
Wing field Castle has been restored and is now in preservation at the Historic Ship Quay at Hartlepool

Lincoln Castle served some time as a Restaurant near the Humber Bridge on Hessle Foreshore, was then moved to Alexandra Dock Grimsby to be used as a Pub/ restaurant
and was then scrapped.
Before the bridge they were part of everyday life in this area.

Cheers Bassman

Hi Bassman,
Thanks for the info.When I saw the photo’s I could see they were paddle steamers. I went on one from Weston-Super-Mare to Cardiff then Penarth and back to Weston in about 1960 when I was 12 years old. Should have known they were from the Humber by your sunny Scunny on your ID.
Have been over the Humber Bridge a few times.I always think its a hell of a drop down to the water compared to the old Severn Bridge.
Cheers Dave.

Bewick:

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
You are a “star” CF,look where that mindset got the captain of the “Titanic”.oh! is that you been towed behind in the “Jolly” boat on the end of a 500 mtr line ? Cheers Bewick PS Pass me the axe,he’s got oars!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
[/quote]
:smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

There’s not many icebergs around in June and July and the Captain of the Titanic didn’t have predictive radar either. :smiling_imp: :wink: