GL Baker

john7420:

john7420:

lcb:
Having worked at G.L.Baker for a few years during the seventies it was a good job,many of the drivers were a gOod bunch and I wonder if many are still about ,the depot that we worked from was channel sea road then just off the silver town way.the drivers that it would be good to hear from are J.Abbott A.Abbott J.Powers B.Hughes .
My name is Len Berry anyone else who remembers me please get in touch it would be nice to catch up.

I was at warrington depot remember JIMMY POWERS JOEY ABBOTT AND HIS BROTHER last saw Bobby Hughes in café on A1 forgot what café was called (age) I seem to remember you as well Lennie did you not do Scratchewood changeover a few times with me John Rudd?

Hi your name does ring a bell ,but thinking about it ,it was Lennie Lucking that used to do the change over now and the when the regular guy was off. Good when he was on always on time the other bugger was early if he was only an hour late! Supposed to meet me 1st at 2200 Jimmy Ryan at 0059 Then Roberts AKA taillights AT 0200 last one was often there before he arrived for mine. Was happier when we moved to Silvertown and came there then picked up at depot.Then more stuff at Raines in Enfield Not bad when first trunk I did was change over at Loncoln Farm café got 14 hours night rate for it then it went to Blue boar then BLue Boar Watford gap. then toddington then scratchwood.

Hi John, My dad drove for Raines in Enfield, Kenny Richards, He had a mate at Bakers called Alan Day.