Hardings brothers/ other ship supply co's

:unamused:

bump :smiling_imp:

hi anyone now of my uncle vic Westlake he drove for hardings in the 70 is. I think he ran to malta.

Hi yes i knew Vic Westlake i did my first trip abroad with him to store a ship in Brest in early 75 he had a Mandator and i had four wheel d series Ford , I met him in Bath years later he was driving a small van delivering parcels he said it was the best job he ever had . Take Care Melv.

ey up melv,nice to here from you,new to this truck net so sorry for any thing i get wrong,just thought i will put a few pic on.

That accent sounds like Alan. Well Melvin nice to see Hardings back on the front page, I think this Gentleman deserves a mention on this site sorry it’s not a Hardings lorry, Mickey Baker worked there for a few years.No longer with us R. I. P. my old mate.

Hi All, I wonder, Are there ANY ship chasing hauliers still operating from the UK to Med ports and Islands â– â–  Tony.

Tony R:
Hi All, I wonder, Are there ANY ship chasing hauliers still operating from the UK to Med ports and Islands â– â–  Tony.

I think this company do the odd trip here and there…viewtopic.php?f=35&t=32983

:laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi Melvyn yes you are correct I arrived on the Saturday you was there with
a guy called Tony I had a full load of beer was my first ever ship store’s job
was Livorno and if you remember we was washing in the fountain just outside the dock
and the local’s all thought we was mad but yeah was a good time in those day’s glad to
hear your still about im still at it but only local 3 day’s a week im retiring at Christmas
had enough have a look at my thread CRACK ON TO MACON THE RETURN plenty of old
photo’s and stories on there take it easy buddy !!!

Some cracking pictures on here,keep it going !

6362087703_d9327e77d1_z.jpg

Hi bob glad you replied to my post in 2008; glad to see you are ok many of the good guys are not here unfortuatly , we had a lot of fun but we had the best of the job ,Hope you enjoy your retirment i am enjoying mine although i still dreamobout trucks &driving (sad â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  bit â– â– â– â– â– â–  at the moment thats the influence of Newmercman many years ago & i have not manage to crack it yet,You Take Care Melv .

You can blame Bob for that Melv, he was the one that started me drinking, I was all for going on a tour of a local church when I parked up and he dragged me out to a bar and forced me to drink beer all weekend, I’ve never been the same since!

It’s true too, you ask him. We had a weekend in Rimini and hit every bar on the beach, used the beachfront showers to, well shower of course, but we did it stark bollock naked and the locals were not impressed. We ended up in a disco and there was a bird in there with a busted shoulder, so her arm was in plaster at 90deg to her body with a stick going to her hip to support the arm, she was up on the dance floor doing the Macarena, she dropped about half a dozen people as she spun around!

I only have vague memories of the rest of the night, but I somehow ended up at a toga party and I woke up covered in mud under my trailer with no shirt on and one of my trainers was missing, what did Bobby do to help me? He handed me a beer lol

Recognise this bloke?

" Silly Keith " on the bottom left… Of Davies and Pulleyns fame?

The guy next to Keith was called George I think. He had also done time with Wally Thorburn before but was a long serving Hardings driver I think.

He and another long time Harding driver, tall with tattoos, came to work for Davies International when I was there in the late 90s. I think it was around the time when Harding stopped doing there own international transport.

Cheers
Neilf

That’s George Barr stood next to Silly Keith, but the man at the top is none other than papanumpty, hero of this thread.

These were taken during the Solstor days.

What a great thread I also was a FRIDGE MAN, ROKOLD 1980,then PULLEYNS,A.C.H. SOLSTORE [not long],ACH… 1993 I got the message and dumped the fridges I, WENT UP NORTH joined BOWKERS AND WONDERED WHY I HAD DONE FRIDGE WORK FOR SO LONG, reading the thread, lots of your names ring bells but i have a job to put a name to them, THE LAST 2 PICTURES HAVE HELPED yes I do know the three of you…doubt anyone would remember me as I never stopped long enough VIC. Eric slater started the same time as me at Pulleyn s him ,after Bunn s, but I never started EUROPEAN UNTILL 1980 so never did ships stores.
AND NEVER SHOOK Eric s hand., those of you will know.

Opex was Isis still do the Hardings euro work
Have done since Hardings gave up there own in 2008/2009
They took on the trucks and a few the drivers to
Last one was Alan who retired last year and was at Hardings a good few years

Have seen Simon scrivins sprinters loading out of there to
Off to Italy Greece Scandinavia etc
Think one His vans did Croatia last summer to
Have seen his vans at a few Italian ports delivering to the ships

Found this one on the net.

harding.PNG

neilf:
The guy next to Keith was called George I think. He had also done time with Wally Thorburn before but was a long serving Hardings driver I think.

He and another long time Harding driver, tall with tattoos, came to work for Davies International when I was there in the late 90s. I think it was around the time when Harding stopped doing there own international transport.

Cheers
Neilf

Hi Neil. George did a bit for us prior to leaving Andersons Road, came from Solstor. The lad you have described sounds like Matt Allen. Nice bloke, did not stay too long but friendly enough, lived in Weston Super Mare