Yorkshire companies

does anyone remember frshfayre?? my dad used to work for them quite a while ago now, he drove a mercedes powerliner which i thought back in the day was the bees knees! any photos or information would be cracking,.

thanks in advance

Does anyone remember Stringers haulage, They were based next to the prestons of potto yard in knottingley I think, they used to run Mark 1 Volvo FH12’s pulling curtainsiders.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

jefferies.jpg

cheers

will88:
does anyone remember frshfayre?? my dad used to work for them quite a while ago now, he drove a mercedes powerliner which i thought back in the day was the bees knees! any photos or information would be cracking,.
Will jog my memory I am from newcastle but used to get into fresh fayre back in early 90,s when I also had a k plated plated power liner were they along past the punch clock
Regards Dave
thanks in advance

Anyone remember Wilsons Transport in Bradford? I remember playing around their yard in the 1980’s and they had an old DAF that has clocked a million miles and was still working. They had it restored and used to still work it occasionally. Anyone got any pictures of the old DAF? It was similar to this one…

LeeJ:
Anyone remember Wilsons Transport in Bradford? I remember playing around their yard in the 1980’s and they had an old DAF that has clocked a million miles and was still working. They had it restored and used to still work it occasionally. Anyone got any pictures of the old DAF? It was similar to this one…

I remember it and was told it was a pig to drive ,something to do with the gearbox cant remember what though ,it might have been back to front

ramone:

LeeJ:

I remember it and was told it was a pig to drive ,something to do with the gearbox cant remember what though ,it might have been back to front

Ramone it most likely ZF six speed constant mesh I had one in a Atki with a weak spring and gear selections were very close together and if you did drive it regular it made a horrible serenade :laughing: :laughing:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

one for will88

2423017657_2c2fc1484f.jpg
2423828968_3b24903c7e.jpg
6162522296_ef2c550a1c_z.jpg

pearson moody @ o bank at earlsheaton @ at bradford @ glasshoughton @ doncaster big tipper firm with green wagons changed its name to dennisons
w.a. smith at horbury nr. wakefield. r. hanson at four mile works newmiller dam @ grange moor. jeff sandersons at east ardsley. bayford @ glovers based at hunslet leeds. regards rowly (corvette159) retires in two @ half months 46 years in the road haulage.

Does anyone remember a company called ED Berry Haulage? they ran yellow Volvo F7’s I think out of their yard in Gomersal near Cleckheaton. this was during the 1980’s and I remember towards the end of the 80’s you’d see Viamaster trailers in their yard. Then they disappeared and houses have been built on the yard.

Rockware glass from knottingley, daf was brand new.

brothertonmick:
Rockware glass from knottingley, daf was brand new.

I used to know a chap called Roland who drove one of the transcons for them, last time I saw him would be about 10yrs ago driving for Somerfield.

In addition to LeeJ s request for information regarding a firm from Cleckheaton , can anyone remember another haulier from the same town , called Bill Swallow ? In the late 1960s he operated a Thornycroft 8 wheeler flat ,
but I cannot remember the colour , or any other details. He also owned a stationery shop in the town.
Any photographs , or details would be appreciated of this rare Thornycroft , still in use in the late 1960 `s. Thank you.
Cheers , cattle wagon man.

LeeJ:
Does anyone remember a company called ED Berry Haulage? they ran yellow Volvo F7’s I think out of their yard in Gomersal near Cleckheaton. this was during the 1980’s and I remember towards the end of the 80’s you’d see Viamaster trailers in their yard. Then they disappeared and houses have been built on the yard.

I remember the yard Lee i thought it was Viamasters yard didnt realise it wasnt

s a bells malton ,m d thackray malton ,slaters pickering, malton fertilisers, stan johnson haulage, ward bros malton, just a few more yorkshire hauliers to add to the list.

hoggarths whitby, readmans of whitby,greens of malton ,george lawty (now bought by clugstone) just a few more to memorise over.

paul 12:
s a bells malton ,m d thackray malton ,slaters pickering, malton fertilisers, stan johnson haulage, ward bros malton, just a few more yorkshire hauliers to add to the list.

Wards are still going as far as I know.I knew some of their drivers on fridge work and some of T A Dennis’ as well.

paul 12:

JD Irelands from Malton area.I think their yard was alongside the A64.Do you know where SA Bells ran out of?

a couple of erf about 4 year ago