South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

pete smith:

pete 359:

pete smith:

pete 359:
Hi all,
Around six months ago,a plan was hatched for a road run in memory of our dear friend Kelvin Powell who sadly lost his brave fight against leukaemia almost a year ago.So a number of us met at shifnal Shropshire last Friday night.After a proper breakfast at The Lazy Trout on Saturday we had a great run down the A49 to Leominster,then onto Hay On Wye and The Brecon Beacons.Saturday nights parking was at The High Tide Inn On Porthcawl seafront.An Excellent weekend in memory of a true proper mate,R.i.p. Kelv.

A nice turn out Andrew for a good cause, I hope you finished all of your breakfast off at the Lazy Trout, it nearly beat me last time I went there!

Hi Pete,
Thanks we had a great time.Based on the last few times I’ve visited The Lazy Trout,it is a spotlessly clean top draw cafe.A real use it or loose it place these days mate,as I’m sure your aware.Really enjoying your M54 photos by the way.
Here courtesy of my old friend David Beer,a lovely period photo of his Transcon,subbing to J&M,parked in Zeebrugge.

Morning Andrew,
It looks like you and the lads have had a good run round and a fitting memory to Kelvin, it is a pity they never transferred Roger to a station like Hereford for a while, you would have had loads of South Wales pictures then!
What has happened to your partner in crime? Steelboy F10 of FL10 now!! Cheer’s Pete

Hi Pete,
Steelboy f10 couldn’t make it last weekend,because of a prior commitment.funnily enough though,I am meeting him tomorrow…