ACME haulage of Hull 1920s/1930s

I am doing family history research into my grandfather’s haulage business in Hull in 1920-1930 era called ACME Haulage. His name was Edward Kenworthy Sykes of Mirfield, West Yorkshire and he was previously involved with two ventures called Calder Bus Company of Bailiff Bridge near Brighouse which was bought out by Halifax Corporation and Brighouse Motor Company (BMC). I recall as a boy seeing an ink blotter with ACME Haulage printed on it. Any info gratefully received!

IanWhiteley:
I am doing family history research into my grandfather’s haulage business in Hull in 1920-1930 era called ACME Haulage. His name was Edward Kenworthy Sykes of Mirfield, West Yorkshire and he was previously involved with two ventures called Calder Bus Company of Bailiff Bridge near Brighouse which was bought out by Halifax Corporation and Brighouse Motor Company (BMC). I recall as a boy seeing an ink blotter with ACME Haulage printed on it. Any info gratefully received!

Well this is great stuff, It would be very nice for someone to come up with the correct Info, That you are looking for, I have a very great interrest of these good old days, I wish you luck with your plans, Regards Larry.

Would be great to find a living haulage company called ACME. It was used by Warner Bros in Roadrunner cartoons and they hold an American copyright.

From the Greek it means the pinnacle of something or the highest point of perfection [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There exists an ACME Freight Services in California,not that that has any relationship to ACME Hull of course.

David