RJ International

I remember British transit trucks across the Czechoslovakia with the blue tilt included red RJ INTERNATIONAL logo.
They rode in the 90s. What happened to them. Are they still running or finished? Do you have any photos of them?

Yes Radim,RJ International from Hazel Grove Stockport are still operating,if you want some pics,try
their website.

David

5thwheel:
Yes Radim,RJ International from Hazel Grove Stockport are still operating,if you want some pics,try
their website.

David

Thank you for advice David. I`ll try it.

I remember they had only trailers. I never seen their tractor unit with RJ logo. The trailers was pulled by tractors of another haulage contractors. There were EUROHAUL, HARRIER EXPRESS, MAGLEN etc.
I saw last set with RJ trailer in cca 2010. It was white Actros 6x2 with Schmitz tilt.

Regards Radim

The ‘J’ in RJ International is John Dowsett, brother of Roger Dowsett…Dow Freight.

RADIM:

5thwheel:
their website.

David

Thank you for advice David. I`ll try it.

I remember they had only trailers. I never seen their tractor unit with RJ logo. The trailers was pulled by tractors of another haulage contractors. There were EUROHAUL, HARRIER EXPRESS, MAGLEN etc.
I saw last set with RJ trailer in cca 2010. It was white Actros 6x2 with Schmitz tilt.

Regards Radim

Yes, Harrier Express did a trip to Turkey with a couple of their trailers back in '95. I drove one of them and Paul Baker the other.

Here we are parked up in Londra Camp Istanbul. Robert

Great photo Robert, thank you.
The trailer on left side of photo seem as MONTRACON brand and short (maybe 12.5m length)?
Second trailer is newer, longer 13.6m length and build by CRANE FRUEHAUF.

RADIM:
The trailer on left side of photo seem as MONTRACON brand and short (maybe 12.5m length)?

Correct. All their trailers were 13.6m tilts by then, with the exception of the trailer I was pulling, which was an old un-signwritten 12m job. When I brought back one of their trailers from Romania in 1997 I learnt that they had exactly 80 GV60 tilts on the books. IIRC they were nearly all pulled by subbies. R

ERF-NGC-European:

RADIM:

Correct. All their trailers were 13.6m tilts by then, with the exception of the trailer I was pulling, which was an old un-signwritten 12m job. When I brought back one of their trailers from Romania in 1997 I learnt that they had exactly 80 GV60 tilts on the books. IIRC they were nearly all pulled by subbies. R

Wasnt that in one of your LDD’s Robert?

Danne

Dirty Dan:

ERF-NGC-European:

RADIM:

Wasnt that in one of your LDD’s Robert?

Danne

Yes! The Romania trip was a two-parter: July and August '97 I think. The Harrier / Turkey LDD appeared earlier, about a year after I actually drove down. R

I have it.
I found LDD in another topic (Russia/middle east/other unusual destinations). But there are two Scanias.
First is Scania R112 (DKH118 Y) and second R142M V8 (D609 XBC). Which was yours, Robert?

Anyway, they both seem to have a short wheelbase (maybe 3.4mtr by old Scania`s spec. sheets).
I think they both had leaf springs on rear driven axle. Am I right Robert?

RADIM:
I have it.
I found LDD in another topic (Russia/middle east/other unusual destinations). But there are two Scanias.
First is Scania R112 (DKH118 Y) and second R142M V8 (D609 XBC). Which was yours, Robert?

Anyway, they both seem to have a short wheelbase (maybe 3.4mtr by old Scania`s spec. sheets).
I think they both had leaf springs on rear driven axle. Am I right Robert?

I drove both of them at different times but it was the R112 with the 305 lump that I drove to Turkey. Yes, they were on leaf springs. R