A Run For Your Money (comedy sketch)

A TV company found a dreamer & they got together to make this twaddle, many of you will remember it from the time no doubt ?

youtu.be/vYma7QELsN8?t=84

Dodgy Permit:
A TV company found a dreamer & they got together to make this twaddle, many of you will remember it from the time no doubt ?

Yeah funny like you say,but he certainly knew how to keep that Transcon lit on the motorway. :laughing: :laughing:

Inside story. (click on page once/twice)

Takes you back a bit especially when he said his wages were £80 for the trip, the bakehouse I used only a couple of times not really my taste and the flies in there were like helicopter’s, maybe the rumour that it was also the local morgue also had summit to do with that, Buzzer.

I wonder if the subject of this piece is on TNF?..

A bit before my time but excellent nostalgic viewing, anyone on here know any of the stars at the Bakehouse. Just wish the job hadn’t ‘progressed’ to the crap most of us have today.

Remember this when it was first broadcast, bought back a few good memories of that route to Italy back then and a few faces in the Bake house especially my mate a young Tommy Peake, If I remember rightly this feller didn’t do himself any favours in mouthing off about the fiddles and bent permits etc, and upset quiet a few owner driver making life a bit harder for them for a while , but there we are that was life in the 70’s,… happy days…

Dodgy Permit:

Not a comedy sketch: this footage deserves no ridicule. Very much of it’s time. It was really like that, believe it or not, and much worse too, to be honest. The driver too is very much of his time, so one should reserve judgement. The safety reg situation was very much of its time too, re standing on the prongs of forklifts in Italy to load groupage: we all did it in our time. The old Transcon was a terrific truck to drive then and I’d sooner drive one now than any of today’s trucks. Altogether a very good record of a Continental run. Thank you for posting it. Robert :sunglasses:

I’m just wondering how he managed to stay alive with no hi vis . It’s a world away from the crap we have now. His parting shot was ominous , i don’t know if i will be doing the job in 4 years time with all the new legislation coming in .He also said since we joined the EEC the paperworks got worse .Well that’s no suprise.
Does anyone on here know him?

IIRC, the last time this was discussed in these pages, the hero was ridiculed for saying that containers was the top job, because loading was horrible and dirty. No mention of that detail this time. I guess it was about 5 years ago. Times change. :laughing: :laughing:

[zb]
anorak:
IIRC, the last time this was discussed in these pages, the hero was ridiculed for saying that containers was the top job, because loading was horrible and dirty. No mention of that detail this time. I guess it was about 5 years ago. Times change. :laughing: :laughing:

I think we gave had a warning on that note anorak , but i quite enjoyed it