Tubbys

I’m a class one driver now nearly 48years old,class one since 21 tyres spanner’s and pick ups before then, bowling down the a5 the other day past that stobart monstrosity that used to be the smokey diesel soaked preserve of man and machine, I remember as a young lad going with my dad doing a nightly change over at tubbys then the rondevouz thegreat craters of puddles that would half sink your flat or tilt trailer upto the rims of your 10.00x20’s going in the cafe as a small lad remembering the smoky haze and smell of diesel dirt and fry ups,the bustling noise of dialects,now a lonely oasis of isolation of people on smart phones or tablets head phones on ,if you do interact with any one now there full of hatred of the job or just doom gloom and despondency. I’ve done a lot in my time uk European run wide of most laws day and night for the coin not a blinged up show motoralways the coin,now 47 mortgage free no debt taking it easy for a small family firm own account work no rush good coin,odd night out just wondering am I alone thinking it’s all a bit dispondant as I still enjoy my job.any one have any thoughts…?

HI Darkside ,i do not understand your use of words coin,whats that,“disponacy” means,low spirits,disheartened,dispirited,downhearted,depressed,hopeless,downcast,oppressed,dejected,etc and you still like your job.mortgage free.

To peggydockboy, coin= good wages ,as for despondency it’s others who are doing the job but hate all the aspects of it,sure I have crap days but good ones far outweigh the bad ones

Hi THEDARKSIDE
,when you get a few more years under your belt, you will relise who gives two monkeys what anyone else is moaning about it has been the lorry driver trait for as long as i remember .call all the bosses,moan like [zb], every job is better than the one they have,never happy,he is getting more than me,it will never change. nature of the beast.you have at least 330 people read your post, all drivers or ex drivers there is your answer.dbp.im away.