Bob mcangus(a run for your money)

Hi! Guys,

I only heard about this forum a couple of days ago, I understand that someone was asking after me…well I am alive and well and living in Spain with my Wife and Children, and running a successful company The Robert McAngus Group www.rmg-capital.com I have no regrets about making the Run For Your Money program for the BBC at the time everyone thought I was stupid to do it, but after the initial flurry the permit system changed and the then government owned road service companies stopped getting the permits and owner operators like me had a chance. Yes I did attend a TRUCK magazine film show, NO i didn’t have any accident with a RR going there. Yes I did break a pane of glass at the cinema.

Do I miss driving, YES very much, but it like me has changed, I miss the friendship more than anything, I still am enthralled watching a good driver put the trailer into a small gap, I still visit the truck shows and tell me son David about my time behind the wheel, I am proud of having been an HGV Driver and always will be

Regards and Respect Robert McAngus

Hi Robert, good to hear from you. I too have a copy of ‘A Run For Your Money’ and watch it from time to time. Your right, the job has changed beyond all recognition since the 70s (not for the better either I’m afraid). Looks like your doing well for yourself, your web site looks very impressive.
Rgds MR.

after reading a post on egg on legs sadley passing away it jogged my memory that bob knew him as he mentioned him in the documentry .i wondered if anyone knew bob and what he,s doing now

After that TV documentary he did,I should think he’s still lying low :unamused:

KW:

Still? Surely not :unamused: :laughing:
He did open a very big can of worms though. :open_mouth:

Was that the one where he said all French & Italian cops were on the take? After that UK drivers were never again allowed to buy coffee. We were hammered & were given a receipt for the full price; Belgian drivers etc. are still using the old rules & regs on the road & are accepted by all the cops because they keep their mouths shut.

harry:
Was that the one where he said all French & Italian cops were on the take? After that UK drivers were never again allowed to buy coffee. We were hammered & were given a receipt for the full price; Belgian drivers etc. are still using the old rules & regs on the road & are accepted by all the cops because they keep their mouths shut.

Can someone tell the Gendarmes at Steenvorde and Leper that please :stuck_out_tongue:

KW:

ive been wondering for a couple of days what was wrong…

then i realised i was thinking of the wrong film, i was thinking of the one about the fella with the iveco on for brit european on your bike.

now i remember the right film the fella with the transconti.

Wheel Nut:

harry:

Can someone tell the Gendarmes at Steenvorde and Leper that please :stuck_out_tongue:

PMSL - but I have to ask, what’s the story anyone - i’m in the dark as usual :unamused:

jj72:
PMSL - but I have to ask, what’s the story anyone - i’m in the dark as usual :unamused:

this owner driver made a documentary about driving to italy and gave the game away about fines and how to avoid having your carnets stamped and showed bribery and how its done.

EBAY

link shortened…Denis F

i did have a copy of that film but think it dissapeared along with alot of my stuff courtesy of my x wife. if anyone is selling a copy i would love to get a hold of it. pm me. ta b.

r slicker:
i did have a copy of that film but think it dissapeared along with alot of my stuff courtesy of my x wife. if anyone is selling a copy i would love to get a hold of it. pm me. ta b.

Contact Ferdy at Toprun,he’s selling them.

cheers keith. ive just emailed ferdy. ps a certain mr forrester says hello.

He became a minor celeb for a while (though not with drivers) and turned up
at some film premiere with his motor and completely spoiled the effect by
cramming the cab into the cinema’s canopy. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HELLO DID NOBODY SEE THE LINK IN MY POST :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

er yes but it sold on a buy it now. and no it was not me.

r slicker:
er yes but it sold on a buy it now. and no it was not me.

look on sellers other items he has loads.

EBAY

there we go.

link shortened…Denis F

r slicker:
cheers keith. ive just emailed ferdy. ps a certain mr forrester says hello.

Erm,Mr Forrester?
Go on,enlighten me,or send me a pm,'cos the name doesn’t ring any bells.

at a guess i,d say frankie ring any bells now

aidey:
at a guess i,d say frankie ring any bells now

Nope.

You have to understand,at my age the memory isn’t what it was.

So where am I supposed to know Frankie Forrester from,or was he known by a nickname?
How long ago?