What is the world coming to?

When an OAP (ex knight of the road and well stricken with years) can’t sit in a pub and enjoy a quiet pint.
Picture the scene, Wetherspoons Dewsbury, usual array of workshy layabouts swilling their Carling and JS Smooth and wondering when the next benefits cheque is due, and another old fella comes in…(nothing wrong with that I hear you say)…well, no, there’s nothing wrong with it BUT…the old fella brought his car into the pub with him, straight through the front doors. :open_mouth:
Wetherspoons Dewsbury is closed now for a while…‘structurally compromised’ :smiley:

A few cuts and bruises but nothing serious.

grumpy old man:
When an OAP (ex knight of the road and well stricken with years) can’t sit in a pub and enjoy a quiet pint.
Picture the scene, Wetherspoons Dewsbury, usual array of workshy layabouts swilling their Carling and JS Smooth and wondering when the next benefits cheque is due, and another old fella comes in…(nothing wrong with that I hear you say)…well, no, there’s nothing wrong with it BUT…the old fella brought his car into the pub with him, straight through the front doors. :open_mouth:
Wetherspoons Dewsbury is closed now for a while…‘structurally compromised’ :smiley:

A few cuts and bruises but nothing serious.

I hope the landlady fixed him with a jaundiced eye and said, ‘I’ll thank you to park your transport tidy love, before I can serve you.’ And that if it was Prince Philip, she plied him a quick restorative by way of encouragement. Robert :wink:

just one of these things that happen.
probably the sun was in his eyes,but he will most likely have another replacement car by tomorrow morning,alls well that ends well?

dieseldog999:
just one of these things that happen.
probably the sun was in his eyes,but he will most likely have another replacement car by tomorrow morning,alls well that ends well?

And he can write a letter of apology in two weeks time…

Was there some sort of “sale” going on, that would be reason enough for the old fella to barge in like that…? You know, just as you see on the news, when there’s a big sale at Harrod’s and there’s this long queue of “mad ladies” on the verge of a mental breakdown, about to set sail for the entrance and killing owt that dares to get in their way…

Maybe “her indoors” had heard that Wetherspoons had gone Drive Through? And he believed her!

He did more damage than first thought, the place is still shut while they shore the front of the building up. Hell, I’m having to use the bus pass and go to 'Spoons in Batley. :confused: Go drinking in Batley and you’re lucky if you can get out of town alive. :frowning:

Is there a ‘contract’ out on you maybe, could you have been the target, have you upset anyone recently? :confused: Not easy for a Yorkshireman to do I realise, but it might be a possibility? :laughing: I thought that our ‘spoons’ had all the workshy folk in it, even the Job Centre staff laughingly call it ‘their annexe’ but you obviously have your share as well! :wink:

Pete.