Mercedes Benz W196 race car transporter

Hey there guys,

Does anyone know where I can get back issues of the Heritage Commercials magazine?

I saw an article in a past issue on a custom built transporter for the W196 race cars from back in the 1950s that Mercedes had restored to mint condition. A real beauty, but I only got to look over the article quickly and didn’t get a chance to buy a copy of the issue.

Would be really chuffed if someone could help.

Billy

Happy New Year to one and all.

Welcome to Trucknet Billy, can’t help you myself but there are plenty in this forum who can. I’m sure Marky, 240 etc. will be along soon :wink:

Salut, David.

BillyBobette:
Hey there guys,

Does anyone know where I can get back issues of the Heritage Commercials magazine?

I saw an article in a past issue on a custom built transporter for the W196 race cars from back in the 1950s that Mercedes had restored to mint condition. A real beauty, but I only got to look over the article quickly and didn’t get a chance to buy a copy of the issue.

Would be really chuffed if someone could help.

Billy

Happy New Year to one and all.

The publisher is Mortons Heritage Media of Horncastle, Lincs. They should be able to help

Hi,

Saw your post. They have an excellent back issues online service, where you can order old copies. They’ll even photocopy stuff for you if they’re out of stock!

classicissues.com/balisth.asp?maggroup=HM

:sunglasses:

I have a load that I am planning to get rid of if you are interested?

Welcome in RubberDuck, (not another Convoy fan :laughing: ) and thanks for the info which I’m sure Billy appreciates.

Are you sure you like Convoy better than Duel, though :question: :confused: .

Bit hard to call yourself ‘Dusty Old Pete’ I suppose. :laughing:

On second thoughts :unamused: .

Salut, David.

I know the transporter you mean, it’s actually a replica as mercedes scrapped the original one because at the time it was too heavy for their museum floor! :open_mouth:

They were asked about it so much though that they ended up building a new one.

It was capable of 100mph if I remember.

dave, i think “pychco trucker” would be a better on e for a duel fan! :wink:

Mal:
dave, i think “pychco trucker” would be a better on e for a duel fan! :wink:

You read me correctly :smiling_imp:

Saw it again the other night, didn’t know it was coming on and missed the first bit, but couldn’t resist staying on 'till the end. Best not to watch with anyone else though, it could be real boring watching my lips move to all the dialogue :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Salut, David.

i watched the hell drivers again the other day for the god knows how manyth time! i think i know most of the words in that! :wink: