TILCON info required

Hello troops.
My first message on here. I’m looking for some info on Tilcon. When did they changed their livery to the red cab with blue band? Also, in the 80s, how long did Tilcon keep a tipper for. The reason I ask is because I have built a model Foden Haulmaster tipper. Obviously new they would have been painted the old livery. I don’t remember this though so I wondered if any Haulmaster tippers ran in the more recent colours. I know they had at least 1 tanker with the red cab but I wasn’t sure if it had been kept longer due to the tanker body. Therefore it made it to the paintshop where-as tippers may have just been replaced before being painted.
Cheers
Davy

Windrush is your man m8 ,he will know the date and the time too :laughing: he probably sprayed them overnight :blush:

Punchy Dan:
Windrush is your man m8 ,he will know the date and the time too :laughing: he probably sprayed them overnight :blush:

Thank’s Dan…I think? Now’t like putting me on the spot!:wink: To try and answer Davy’s questions; Tilcon generally worked on a six year replacement plan when I started there in 1975, and continued it until the tipper fleet was sold off in the 90’s. At one time a new lorry would be allocated to a senior (long service) driver and after approximately three years it would be handed down to a newer starter and the senior man given another new one. That all went by the way when the fleet was sold of course, I had mine for almost eleven years and some had them longer than that. Regarding the change to red I’m not sure really? I had the last new tipper that Tilcon had at Ballidon in May 1986 and it was blue, then later the chap who took the fleet over purchased two new Fodens on ‘L’ reg and they were red so I’m guessing the change came in the early nineties? Certainly all the Haulmasters came in blue with the mercedes red strip around the cab, some were repainted red later though but I can’t be certain when that happened. I’m off to bed shortly so will give it more thought! :laughing:

Pic by Alan Alcock at Kevin quarry. Alan’s Foden had been repainted red by then but was blue when purchased.

Pete.

Some cracking info there windrush, thank you very much. Be interested to hear if you have any further thoughts.

E Reg was 1987/88
JLC00220-16.jpg
Y Reg was 1982/83
JLC00272-04.jpg

Tanker would have been repainted John, it looks like ex Hinckleys from Congleton and Tilcon took them over.

Pete.