Brown of Symington Lanarkshire

Does anyone have any photographs of a lorry of Brown from Symington Lanarkshire. Its for a project I am involved in.

I’m sure Leyland 600 has a photo. Les.

Bit late here but I’m from the area and don’t remember Browns of Symington.
Would it be James Brown & son of Dolphinton? They’d be around Symington often taking sheep into Jackson’s slaughterhouse. I remember then through the 60’s and 70’s, Jackson’s closed in the early eighties.

I worked for some time at Freightliner Coatbridge , one of the drivers there was called Joe Brown . He had originally lived and worked at his family haulage business in Biggar , he told me the company had been nationalised and was incorporated within BRS . Joe moved to Glasgow and took up a driving job with a branch of BRS , at a later date the branch where he worked was closed and because at that time BRS and Freightliner were part of the NFC and expansion at Freightliner generated jobs which were given to redundant BRS drivers . Joe was a real gentleman one of the " old school " of drivers and a great gent to work with as was many of his colleague’s who also moved over to Freightliner .

Wow Shugg, that’s going well back if they were nationalised out of business. Well before my time, as I say the '60s are as far back as I go.