H.g.brown & son international trucking

hi all didnt know much about browns but nearly bought one of there old macks went to l/b looked but backed out of it and glad i did by what i read on here by the way great read and pictures keep them comming

sav11n:
The last we heard, Roy Jackman was living with Tiny Lee’s wife in Towcester that was about August 2011.
My mum was married to him (Margaret Jackman)
She used to go regularly with him in the70s
I worked as an apprentice in the workshop at Stanbridge Rd from 1979 with Milley and Fred

My Mum has got some photos of the trucks in the 70s, and some of Tiny Lee’s so I
will post them if anyone is interested.

Darryl.

hi darryl

im very interested, put em up mate please :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

cheers
gaz

hi I am the Granddaughter of HG Brown , I’ve been looking through photos and remember the yard at kings farm Stanbridge Road. Has anyone got pictures of those days?

hi my is ginger done my bit for H>G> starting driving an old f88 to germany then after a while took over philpots mack to italy staye :smiley: d there till all the trouble started/ :

LB76:

We had this vehicle after Browns at Camel Waggon

Thought you guys might like this, Me and John Brown at a rally with his traction engine, Johns the one with the bowler hat !!! Must be early 80’s because it’s before I moved to RKBs. It is on another thread but thought you all might find it easier on here. Found the other one of the Foden S20 8 legger, I know I’m getting on a bit but I can’t remember it !!!

H G BROWN FODEN.JPG

Anyone remember this old girl then?? the driver must have gone home to dinner.

Here are a couple of pics of The Falcon, unfortunately they are both a bit out of our time frame, might bring back some happy memories though. And here is a list of the landlords from 1966 onwards.

1966: Basil Richards;
1979: Edward John Dalton;
1992: Linda Christine Cunningham and Alan Gordon King;
1992: Jennifer Jane Beasley.

The Falcon June 2008.jpg

The Falcon about 1900.jpg

I drove for browns in 1970 when they had a few big j’s any pics of those days

Hi Bob, only got a couple of Guy pics, here they are with a few from around the same time.

PB DEUTZ HKO 992D.jpg

Hi all,
Does anyone know how many Mack trucks the company had? I’ve seen a picture with 3 Macks in a row and on this topic I could see licenseplates JNM249N, RBN144S, —471T but there might have been more? Were the Mack trucks actually used for Middle-East transport or mainly Italy?
Regards,
Gerlof

The MACK truck JNM 249 N was first driven by Roy Jackman and it maiden trip was to Teheran Brian Green was supposed to have it from new but he was away on a trip to Teheran and JNM was newly delivered so Roy was sent out in it to get the load under way, ironicly they passed each other in Germany ! I followed Roy all the way in my F89 KJO 677 N.

Hi LB76,
Great picture of the Mack and the Volvo. Both very nice trucks! It must have been a big challenge to drive the new Mack to Middle-East, because it needs some time to get used to the steering of that truck. Do you knwo how many years those Macks were in operation?
Gerlof

LB76:
Has anyone got any photo’s or memories of this firm ?

I remember one of the drivers from early 70s, just his nickname “zippo” last I saw of him he was working for a kermit firm, Stouffs. From Annemasse, anyone remember him.

Has anyone got any photo’s or memories of this firm ?

Didn’t they have blue cabs with a red strip ? Used to run Macks (or at least a Mack) or am I completely off beam?

Sir +:
Didn’t they have blue cabs with a red strip ? Used to run Macks (or at least a Mack) or am I completely off beam?

Think they were a bluey/green colour if I remember right, if my memory serves me right didn’t they run out of Leighton Buzzard. I remember their Macks and FB88s. Running tilts on ME work

T.B

Done a bit of digging on here,and I fear that T.B and myself are not telling LB76 anything he doesn’t already know.It turns out he worked for H.G.Brown :blush: .Still,we both meant well :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sir +:
Done a bit of digging on here,and I fear that T.B and myself are not telling LB76 anything he doesn’t already know.It turns out he worked for H.G.Brown :blush: .Still,we both meant well :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

How long ago was LB76 with John then ?
Would I know him – do I LB76 ? LB wouldn’t happen to mean Leighton Buzzard would it ?