Any old promotor drivers around

ERF-NGC-European:

sandway:

mushroomman:
Hi Brian, the guy sat next to my wife was John Bruce who was driving for Astran at the time. The two guys on the other side were both Hick’s drivers, Peter (the Plater) Wall and Dennis McCarthy with myself sat at the back. That photo was taken in a fish restaurant on the old wooden Galata Bridge, I heard that the bridge caught fire and burnt down many years later.
Which has just reminded me Brian, can you remember when you used to have a meal in some places and they would pour some sweet smelling oil over your hands, I suppose that it was some kind of modern day hand sanitizer.

Here is another photo that was taken going over Bolu. Sorry if you have seen it before but some of my photos seem to have disappeared because I put them on here using Photobucket.

Hello Steve. I hadn’t seen that photo taken on Bolu before. Hope you have more that haven’t been lost. I have attached a couple of photos of a group of us waiting in the queue at Habur. Is the guy in the middle John Bruce? Looks a bit like him. The guy behind him with no shirt is Promotor driver Tommy Birch. I have posted one of these photos before. Does anyone out there recognise any of the drivers.

Sandway, I saw Truckerash over the weekend and asked him who had the Astran subbie flat-top F12 with the spread-axle tilt as shown in your pic. George Hall is the answer! So he may be among the faces you are trying to name :wink: . Cheers, Robert

Gday Robert - I don’t know if that was George’s F12, but he certainly isn’t in the pic - I knew George well, and I doubt he’d be taking the picture either. He certainly subbed for Astran for many years tho - from about 1971 to the late 80’s.
Cheers Keith