Any old promotor drivers around

cannonhaul:

Nottsnortherner:
Greetings and a BIG Hello to Cannonhaul(Roy) of “Pied Piper” fame! Hope you dont mind me mentioning that Roy! Its Tony Grainger here(Nottsnortherner)Glad you,re still around and a lot of water under the bridge since you were tickling the skins!!! :smiley: Do you remember the nightmare trip back from Bucharest when your Transcon was pretty new, I had my old man with me and you split a brake diaphragm and I had the tilt repair machine with me so we repaired your split diaphragm by replacing it with some carefully cut and shaped tilt material!!! Got you home I believe though we got split up in Slovenia I believe owing to different back-load locations. Sandway(Brian) you mention the lacking of pics of Promotors Transcon, well I think Roy will confirm that his was in actual fact the same one! When Roy decided to try something different I think he sold his Transcon back to Peter C. and for a while Stevie Smith drove it. I think it was then passed on to Wellie Ward who at the time had a reputation of trashing stuff on a regular basis. I remember a conversation between Peter and I think Tommy in the workshop as to who should be given the big Ford and Tommy said give it to Wardy, he,ll have trouble trashing that…I think it took him something like 6-9 months until it was trashed!..alledgedly of course [emoji38]

Hi Tony I hope your well. At this moment I haven’t got access to photos but I have got a photo of the 2 transcontinental which I hope to put on soon along of some others I have found.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sorry pushed wrong button. I remember that trip very well had to stop a couple of times to repair. I think Johnny Evans drove my truck and John Ward drove Promotor.
We had some good giggles back then. Oh to be young and foolish again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk