Astran / Middle East Drivers

Johnyplugg:

ERF-NGC-European:

Johnyplugg:

ERF-NGC-European:

You all talking about all the experiences you whent through.all of you drivers that are still here,RIP.those that ave passed but not forgot .my father worked for mr,Vick,my uncle also. you drivers that are still with us All of you get together . write a book about all of the middle east days( from the proper drivers)for the real drivers out there it would be real reading

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ah you’re the fellow who was going to send pictures and info for my Lorries of Arabia books but when I PM’d you about it I never heard from you again! All three books are now published but do feel free to bung anything on here you think might be of use, or better still post them on the ERF 1975 thread which has lots of Eric Vick stuff on :wink: It’d be a nice start to the New Year!

Cheers,

Robert

Sorry i did not reply.not intentional. I’ve still not got to grips with this dam technology. I am john matley jnr.father drove 248 p.my uncle neil also worked for mr vick.i would like to know if it would be possible to get the drivers together father has passed neil is still here.it would be realy good listening and seeing people. To me it would be so intriguing. 079845432110

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

No problem old mate! Your best bet is to get in touch with Chris Jeffries at Eric Vick. He still works there and is in touch with some of the old boys who would have worked with your father - Chris Till for example. There are also Richard Read drivers and fitters who worked with the Vijore lorries about - Steve Little for example. Good luck! R