The Bah Humbug Club!

jsutherland:

Retired Old ■■■■:

rigsby:

windrush:
Our neighbours hairdresser breezed in this morning to do her ‘feathers’ and regaled us with how she managed to get a Christmas tree on Saturday (artificial as she has just had a new carpet costing well over a grand, spent another grand having a decorater refurbish the lounge using ten rolls of wallpaper at £70 a roll which she supplied) and it only cost her £260! :open_mouth: “It was a bargain, wont need to buy one next years so it has actually saved us money” she exclaimed, yeah right. :unamused: She is off to London (Oxford Street) next weekend to get the pressies. Mind you, she does live fairly close to Buxton where money appears to be plentiful, unlike in the more southern parts of our fine county. [emoji38]

Pete.

MONEY PLENTIFUL ? We poor pensioners up here spend it all trying to keep warm in winter unlike you lot in the sub tropical climes down in the valley . If we have a cold snap we will probably have to set fire to the furniture in an effort to keep warm . Can’t afford to keep running the central heating what with the price of gas . Right , I’ll go and get a few scraps for tea then wrap up in my duvet in bed .

Get yerself a council house, Riggers, them you can take the interior doors off and use them for fuel. At least, that’s what seems to happen around here!

Cheers ROF. Great to receive some helpful tips. Always one to be creative and resourceful. Should help Rigsby through the winter.
Johnny

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

It would appear that Rigsby has already burned the entire upstairs of his council house, Johnny. In desperation I may just advise him to have a butchers around the backstreets of Buxton- there may be one or two skips about that he could ransack for combustible materials. Failing that, I would suggest a night-time tour of the local tyre fitters where an unlocked gate could provide a brilliant source of fuel, albeit accompanied by a bit of a whiff and a cloud or two of black smoke. Should be OK for those in the Peaks, being inured to smell & smoke by the presence of so many Gardner engines over the years.