Doncaster cattle market

When i was a kid my mam used to park the car there and go shopping on weekends,during the week it was packed with lorries it must have been a good place to park up,did anybody ever stop there :question: :question:

Hi yes i used to park there aswell was a handy place to park lol and entertaing at time :stuck_out_tongue:

Parked in the Market in Doncaster

That was the prime spot for the digs in christchurch rd, Joepipe

I parked on Doncaster Cattle Market many times int 60s and 70s,living in Sheffield it were easy to nip to station and get train home. Many many dodgy nights out on there. :laughing:

SETH 70 did anyone park there! every driver involved in distance work would have done ,also if your around 70ish, that is if your work took you that way,HULL GOOLE SCOTLAND,the hub of destinations,BRS had two depots at DONCASTER however ,if you lived in a out the way place, nothing doing place, DONCASTER was the MECCA for drivers,good parking,cinemas, good digs,lots of them, good pubs, not so good girls lol [black bull] good hiding if you wanted one very easy to get in DONCASTERS, SWIMMING BATHS ,LOCAL BATHS it has it all .I have always liked doncaster .

THIS IS TRUE 4 weeks ago i was in perth AUSTRALIA in a massive shopping mall and i was taking a photo of us all having coffee, next thing this security chap with a strong aussie accent comes up and tells me it is not allowed ,so i say sorry ,im on holiday .ohh ok ,where you from he asks so i tell him, and he said in broad yorkshire IM from DONNY Y,KNOW, DO,YE KNOW IT… that was it we were mates, and he knew all bout what i have written ,so i said why the Aussie accent,he said catching shop lifters here you have to be firm ,and the Aussie accent they understand…pdb

Does anybody remember the phone number on Christchurch road of the digs with the mynah bird, here is the start Doncaster **** this might test a Nicol’s If there is any left. Joepipe3

Had a lot of great nights in Donny!!! I saw Showaddywaddy in the Labour Club in the seventies, and went to lots of “grab a granny nights” :wink: :wink: :wink: :imp: :imp: :imp: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: other than that, my lips are sealed :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: regards Kev.

I was a Scalia club and the Bentley WM my self,and was never kissed kick nor. manhandled Joepipe

Chris Webb:
I parked on Doncaster Cattle Market many times int 60s and 70s,living in Sheffield it were easy to nip to station and get train home. Many many dodgy nights out on there. :laughing:

Is there anywhere you didn’t have a dodgy night out Chris?

Spud1960:

Chris Webb:

I doubt it very much , that’s why he retired to a tax haven with his ill gotten gains .

rigsby:

Spud1960:

Chris Webb:

I doubt it very much , that’s why he retired to a tax haven with his ill gotten gains .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
All my dodgy nights out were perfectly legal I will have you know. :grimacing:
You could get landed with a load into Lancashire and be doing local runs over there all week,sometimes for a fortnight.
So Stockport,Mottram,Hyde,Ardwick Green were ideal places to park for a lift over Woodhead. And if Woodhead was shut by snow there was always the train.
Watford Gap,Scunthorpe,Lichfield,Scotch Corner,Stamford all within reach by log book especially when in front of yersen. :smiley:
My dodgy night out cash is dwindling now though…