Doncaster Cattle Market Lorry Park & Caff

Is it still there? Close to the town centre? I last had a night out there c. 1991. :unamused:

Thing is my Son rang me tonight - he’s on his first ever overnight stop.
He was on the edge of town. I suggested the old lorry park but he ended up on the A1 in a lay-by - - not good in my book.

Anyone any info?

fox
(in me own bed every night these ten years!)

the cattle market is still there as far as I know, if you go there i hope you like your door being knocked on regular by the toms there

For the sake of a 15 minute drive, I’d trot along the M18 to the Stockyard.

afaik they stopped allowing parking there when they built the new bypass
much better off in the stockyard m18 j1

thanks fellers.
I was once solicited by a prostitute in Donacaster…I’d not been in the game long, unlike her I suspect. She asked for a couple of quid…so you can guess it was a long time ago. I made my excuses and buggered off! (not literally)

As my Son is new to overnight stops I don’t want to fill his head with old haunts of mine that are long gone/redeveloped/ etc. I, for instance have never heard of the ‘Stockyard’ & I’m sure he’ll check it out. Is there, in this wondrous internet age…a database of overnight parking (facilities preferred) out there in cyberspace?

I’ve suggested he buy ‘Headlight’ or ‘Truck & Driver’…I hope the former is still published??

fox

It’s all college, carpark and building site on there now. Nowt for trucks.

The stockyard is okay, especially if he likes squeezing between truckers reeking of stale sweat to get to the bar to order food. parking is good though.

There’s always Doncaster North services on the M18/M180 junction too, for the normal MSA experience.

articfox:
Is there, in this wondrous internet age…a database of overnight parking (facilities preferred) out there in cyberspace?

I’ve suggested he buy ‘Headlight’ or ‘Truck & Driver’…I hope the former is still published??

fox

Try this book. I bought it and found it to be very handy - details of lots of truckstops, cafes, parking places etc.

amazon.co.uk/Truckers-Handbo … 1844252108

many thanks for all your replies.

fox

articfox:
Is there, in this wondrous internet age…a database of overnight parking (facilities preferred) out there in cyberspace?

fox

For a database of overnight parking (facilities preferred) out there in cyberspace? HERE on TruckNet UK. is a start.

Here is another.

If I remember correctly, Headlight disappeared several years ago.

That was a great help Simon. Thanks.
Shame about Headlight…all those 1970/80’s copies I have in my loft might be worth something in a century or so.

You don’t always realise you’ve become ‘old school’ It kinda creeps up on you.