Edwin Shirly

youtu.be/6kZP7Z0tHOg
Early 90’s rock and roll trucking at it’s best!

Dis u succeed Bob The Bus?

gazzer:

Evening all, only two of those ever built…Ronnie Pescalo had one to tow his T600 Dragster…jet powered…and Edwin. Nice old girl that…

The real name is Edwin Shirley Trucking…Gosh Edwin, Dell, Roy, and even Ollie Kite had some of my money…and all Ive got is that BMC Mastiff Ashtray in green from the coffee table…

Cheerio for now.

when did they pack up

fredm:
when did they pack up

Not long ago , part of Trans Am now.

Saviem:

gazzer:

Evening all, only two of those ever built…Ronnie Pescalo had one to tow his T600 Dragster…jet powered…and Edwin. Nice old girl that…

The real name is Edwin Shirley Trucking…Gosh Edwin, Dell, Roy, and even Ollie Kite had some of my money…and all Ive got is that BMC Mastiff Ashtray in green from the coffee table…

Cheerio for now.

Sorry to correct you Saviem but it’s Ronnie Picardo, good old mate of mine, I spent a lot of time with him, I helped out on many of his projects like the jet bike, Kenworth and GMC, and ironicly did most of his custom painting in the 80’s and 90’s. I also used to run supplies to him when he was doing his Italian tour.

Jeff…

Jeff…

Evening Gentlemen, Jeff, thanks for the correction! I sat in the barn for ages trying to get the name correct!! It is an age thing!!

Met him when we did the Truck Show at Ballymena together. I took a T600, and he had the mini T600 Dragster with the jet engine. He drove it around an oval cycle track at the showground…quite a feat! There were some other guys with us.....a wheelie truck.......an N10 tractor unit pulling it, a Shell Mex liveried Scammell Highwayman, CDCs trailer/shop, with a big Merc in front of it, and .....oh its fading again...........but I remember a great Saturday night, followed by a not so great Sunday, on Belfasts dock side waiting for Harold Montgomery`s boat to take us all home!!!

Cheerio for now.

Hi Saviem, The wheelie truck was Sky Train owned, built and driven by Steve Murty, he also had the ProJet Ford Cargo which I used to work on with Paul Scase who later owned the new white and dark blue Peterbilt. The N 10 could have been George Hookers which he or Kim pulled the monster trucks with ( White Thunder and White Dragon ) I used to paint all of them for him including the Truck Stop News EFR and the Merlin powered truck they built to do the world speed record.

Geoff (Piggy) Byford who also had the big red Western Star, and Dave Fairweather ran CDC, it was probably the Black Scania Okie Dokie.

I suppose Rocket Ronnie was doing a very bad Norman Wisdom impersonation, and if Caroline wasn’t looking he would have done his smoke and flame show, which was swigging half a bottle of lighter fluid and spitting it over a candle.
He did it in the night tent/bar at Truckfest Edinburgh and set the bunting alight. Colin Ward and Big Bob were almost wetting them selves with laughter.

Every time he did it I got a bollocking from Caroline ( never worked that one out )

Please excuse the spelling as I seem to have lost spell check at the moment.

Jeff…