Job No:OLD/34128
Wage£475.00 PER WEEK BASIC + £50 BONUS
Hours40-60 HOURS PER WEEK OVER 7 DAYS SHIFTS
LocationOLDBURY, WEST MIDLANDS B69
DurationPermanent
Date posted04 March 2011
Pension detailsNo details held
Description
Must have a Class 1 HGV licence and have previous experience of driving Class 1 trucks. Duties to include delivering and collecting goods throughout the UK and Continent. This vacancy is covered by the Working Time Regulations. For advice on this regulation you should see the www.businesslink.gov.uk website or contact the Pay and Work Rights helpline. . Ring for an application form.
How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 0121 5436425 and asking for Barry Spires.
Employer
Birds Groupage

i phoned barry just 3 days ago and he told me they had no vacancies at all and a waiting list of at least 50 peopl.e lying [zb]s

Is there any jobs at Birds or not? :smiley:

Well the advert is there black and White, just looks like they told me something different

You never know, someone could have dropped a bollock an got sacked or someone could have just jacked in!

Fileep:
You never know, someone could have dropped a bollock an got sacked or someone could have just jacked in!

do 51 drivers all left at the same time or got sacked :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Tell us more Jessica’s Dad? What happened? Do you know?

P.S I’m also Jessica’s Dad, lets hope it’s not the same one :laughing: :laughing:

Fileep:
Tell us more Jessica’s Dad? What happened? Do you know?

P.S I’m also Jessica’s Dad, lets hope it’s not the same one :lol: :laughing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

we both couldnt be cursed with the same jessica :open_mouth:

mikey-t:
i phoned barry just 3 days ago and he told me they had no vacancies at all and a waiting list of at least 50 peopl.e lying [zb]s

this is where i got the 50 people sacked idea just to clear up all there applications to be able to advertise for one more job.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

mikey-t:
i phoned barry just 3 days ago and he told me they had no vacancies at all and a waiting list of at least 50 peopl.e lying [zb]s[/quote)

my mate phoned last week was told the same. I phoned yesterday was told they want 10 drivers and he is sending me an application form. I think something in my voice said desperate after all the e-mails i have sent off with no reply in my search for a good Euro job (if there is such a thing).

In search of a GOOD Euro job ? :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Spoke to Barry today,he said they are still after drivers and he would send out an application form,so make of that what you will

When i rang them,on Friday 11/03/2011 the person i spoke to told me that they had taken the vacancy out, as they had a 100 people who wanted the 1 job that was going ,so sorry nothing doing

i think they make it up as they go along to be honest

hi its big ned
i sent an email ages ago to birds never even got a reply so what does that tell you any way still looking for euro work dont hold out much hope as no one ever seems to reply to you.

bigned:
hi its big ned
i sent an email ages ago to birds never even got a reply so what does that tell you any way still looking for euro work dont hold out much hope as no one ever seems to reply to you.

What does that tell us?
Not a lot tbh.

Transport companies tend to be old fashioned in many ways. If you want an answer, speak to them, either face to face or on the phone.
Letters and e-mails tend to get filed (in file 13), to possibly got around to when they have a minute.

out of nearly 200 e-mails and phone calls and hand written letters i got 3 replies, 2 of them knock backs.
get out there, talk to the people and show face it stands for so much more