SOC Code:8211

Wage £7.56 PER HOUR

Hours 50 PER WEEK, MONDAY - FRIDAY, 10PM-8AM

Location BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS B26

DurationPermanent
Date posted08 February 2012
Pension detailsNo details held

Description

Must have relevant LGV licence and experience of driving the vehicle. Minor points on licence will be considered. A goods driver, level D preferred, with ADR an advantage. Duties will include moving freight to and from Birmingham to Heathrow. This vacancy is covered by the Working Time Regulations. For advice on this regulation you should see the www businesslink.gov.uk website or contact the Pay and Work Rights helpline.

How to apply

You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Wayne Simms at Watkins Sole Transport, wayne@wasuk.net.

Employer

Watkins Sole Transport

Job 2:

7.5 TONNE DRIVERVacancy from

Job No:YLY/35341

SOC Code:8211

Wage £8 PER HOUR

Hours MONDAY-FRIDAY 06.00-16.00

LocationYARDLEY, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDS B25
DurationTemporary

Date posted08 February 2012
Pension detailsPension available

Description

Working for a National Distribution Company you will be responsible delivery of caged goods across the UK - 1 to 10 drops per day. Some handball. All drivers must have a digital tachograph card to apply and pass an onsite driver induction. . andy.pemberton@extra-drivers.co.uk

How to apply

You can apply for this job by telephoning 01827 312211 and asking for Ben Harrison.

Employer
Extra Personnel

How can a Class 1, Nights, ADR, Level D job, be paid less than a 7.5t day job?

Because somebody will do it !!!..

More to the point when I need some extra cash I drive a bin lorry through an agency for £9p/h.

bluenose:

Because one’s permanent and five nights a week, and one’s agency and may disappear after one shift.

7.5 job is multi-drop which equals hard work; class 1 job is straight driving.

Add to that the fact that there’s a shrinking pool of 7.5 tonne drivers due to the 1997 change in entitlements; according to what I read on here most drivers with a Class 1 consider puddle-jumpers beneath their dignity. Therefore laws of supply and demand apply.

gnasty gnome:

bluenose:

Because one’s permanent and five nights a week, and one’s agency and may disappear after one shift.

7.5 job is multi-drop which equals hard work; class 1 job is straight driving.

Add to that the fact that there’s a shrinking pool of 7.5 tonne drivers due to the 1997 change in entitlements; according to what I read on here most drivers with a Class 1 consider puddle-jumpers beneath their dignity. Therefore laws of supply and demand apply.

You could have a point, I have done a couple of 7.5t jobs and the agency has agreed to pay me my standard class 2 rate for it because they were struggling to get anyone in to do it. 7.5t multidrop is too much like hard work, much prefer the bins if there’s a choice.

:open_mouth: Sheesh… How come West Midlands house prices remain so damned high when these are the type of wages on offer?

You’d struggle to pay a £500 a month mortgage with those wages, let alone a £1000 one!

I thought these jobs were aimed at the young? - Anyone who’s bought a family sized house in the last decade is going to be paying between £500 & £1000 for their mortgages I would have thought. :question: :open_mouth:

Winseer:
:shock: Sheesh… How come West Midlands house prices remain so damned high when these are the type of wages on offer?

Because employers can rely on the Government supplementing their crap wages with ‘working families tax credit’ payments etc.