Important for those running to or via spain

SPAIN — BASQUE REGION - ATTESTATION FORMS

It would appear that the Basque Region Authorities are doing a purge on the use of attestation forms. However, it appears that they are insisting on the use of their own version of the form (which we’ve not heard about before, but are working on getting a copy of one) and are imposing heavy fines on hauliers who have not used them. We have managed to get the EU attestation form in Spanish if anyone wants it international@rha.uk.net but this may not satisfy the authorities, however, at this time we can offer no further information. We have asked the IRU to investigate, but if anyone has hard copy evidence that can be sent to us to build a case to put to the EU we would be grateful.

FRANCE — ABNORMAL LOAD MOVEMENT - N524-N124-N224

An abnormal load will be moving between Langon and Toulouse using the N524, N124 and N224 during the nights from tonight 9th June until 11th June.

The operation will require the temporary closure of successive sections of the route. Each section that is closed to traffic will have an alternative route indicated.

GERMANY — BGL ALTERNATIVE ROUTES MAP

As usual BGL (German Association) will be producing its map of alternative routes for driving restrictions on Saturdays from 07:00hrs to 20:00hrs in July and August 2009, with the most important information translated into English. To cut mail costs and obtain a discount the International Group is prepared to order a substantial number, but we need to know how many will be required. The cost is £2.50 each. If you want to order this useful and popular map please let the International Dept know by 17th June on international@rha.uk.net or phone 01932 841515

EUROTUNNEL — MAINTENANCE WORK

Eurotunnel inform that maintenance work will be taking place between midnight and 06:00hrs on the mornings of Tuesday 16th and Tuesday 30th June. To minimise the disruption they will be operating 4 departures per direction every 2 hours during that time.

this might sound petty brian, but those bulletins are part (the main part? :unamused: ) of what you pay your RHA subs for - is it a great idea to broadcast them verbatim?

I’ve send one with the Spanish and English attestation forms this week, what next, translations for each and every country? it’s not necessary anyway as the format is exactly the same in spanish, so only the bits you fill in they need to understand :bulb: pricks!

The biggest load of nonsense to be put on these forums that I can remember

I manage a transport depot with locally based drivers near San Sebastian

the attestation form only has to be in the languages of the countries through which you will travel during it’s period of validity

i.e. UK-SPAIN

English, French, Spanish

Basque is not an internationally accepted language for legal documentation outside of the Basque region
Spanish is the officially accepted language for all of the Spanish peninsular as far as internationally required documentation is concerned.
Even companies running from Madrid to San Sebastian on national runs do not have to provide attetstion forms in Basque.

Vascoingles:

That’s a bit harsh Vasco’ :open_mouth:

There’s loads of nonsense posted all over the boards, some of it even more nonsensical. :laughing:

According to JJ, that’s from an RHA bulletin.
If it’s nonsense, then RHA members are paying lots of money for it too :laughing: :laughing:

Under EU law it is unenforceable
Under Spanish law it is unenforceable.
You cannot be forced to supply documentacion in a minority language unless it is the official language of an INDEPENDENT country.
Is it law to carry these attestations in Welsh ? or is English acceptable

do you know how many regional languages Spain has ?

Euskera
Catalan
Valenciano
Gallego

imagine the chaos if it was obligatory to carry attestations in everyone of these languages to drive through Spain

that would also mean it would be obligatory when in the UK to carry them in Welsh, Cornish and English
or in Belgium in Flemish, French and German

EU law states the one of the official languages of the countries that will be transitted

Oh and I forgot to mention the Basque language Euskera has 7 different versions of it which particular one are you going to choose ■■?

just been for a whizz on the official EU site

and found this

Road
Form of attestation of activities

Commission Decision of 12 April 2007 on a form concerning social legislation relating to road transport activities (OJ L99 of 14.4.2007, p. 14) establishes the form referred to in Article 11(3) of Directive 2006/22/EC.

Member States are not obliged to require the use of this form, but if a Member State requires a form to be used for the cases foreseen in it, this form will be recognised valid for such purposes.

All the fields in this form must be filled in and it must be signed both by the company representative and by the driver in order to be valid. For self-employed drivers, the driver signs once as the company and once as the driver.

The text of the form may not be modified.

Only the signed original is valid.

The electronic pdf - 114 KB [114 KB] All available translations. and printable msw8 - 37 KB [37 KB] All available translations. version of this form is available below. It may be printed on paper containing the company logo and contact details, but the fields containing the company information must also be filled in.

Use of the form of attestation of activities in member states

The use of the form of attestation of activities established by the Commission decision 230/2007/EC is only obligatory in those Member States which require it. However, enforcement authorities in all EU Member States must respect this form (in any Community language) if a driver

note the bit in red Euskera (Basque) is not a community language it is a regional language

Vasco, chill out mate.

I didn’t say it wasn’t nonsense.
I said, you where being rather harsh condemning it as

Simon:
Vasco, chill out mate.

I didn’t say it wasn’t nonsense.
I said, you where being rather harsh condemning it as

not being harsh just pointing out in one foul swoop that it is nonsense before half of the world starts to panick on the basis of yet another unfounded and incorrect rumour, as is usually the case.

Vascoingles:
the attestation form only has to be in the languages of the countries through which you will travel during it’s period of validity

i.e. UK-SPAIN

English, French, Spanish

since when, if you read the form, it is designed in such a way that all info supplied is clear regardless of what language the template is written in?

jj72:
since when, if you read the form, it is designed in such a way that all info supplied is clear regardless of what language the template is written in?

those were the last set of instructions that we received via head office in Holland that came from the Dutch equivalent of the RHA, the Dutch do tend to get things like that right, this why our drivers when going either from Holland to Spain or vice versa now have 3 copies Dutch, French and Spanish, something that they would not go to the bother of doing if it were not absolutely necessary.

Vascoingles:

jj72:

those were the last set of instructions that we received via head office in Holland that came from the Dutch equivalent of the RHA, the Dutch do tend to get things like that right, this why our drivers when going either from Holland to Spain or vice versa now have 3 copies Dutch, French and Spanish, something that they would not go to the bother of doing if it were not absolutely necessary.

fair enough - it’s just your later post seemed to say that wasn’t necessary, depending on how you interpret the word “any”

Vascoingles:
However, enforcement authorities in all EU Member States must respect this form (in any Community language) if a driver

so if you spin off to say bulgaria, your men would carry dutch/german/hungarian/rumo and bulgy versions? :open_mouth:

I have been fined 2301 euros for this,have the basque police station telephone number if you want to verify the fine for having a “handwritten” in biro attestation written out by a former employer,even after i emailed an official form to be made before shipping out,it had all the ec law regs on the form,but some details were in biro,which made it invalid.Parked up at “Autogrill” 2 km s before the French border,for 7 days drawing out the ATM cash machine daily limit,and use running money to pay the fine.Yes,partly my fault for leaving with the form,as know the French also hate any paperwork that is photocopied,as well as the Basque police.The day i was stopped,saw cops comung in to the police station with bundles of large amounts of fime money,many Portuguese,a Russian too.Sheer boredom left me no alternative to hop on buses to San Sebastion,to get out of the truck,which felt like a prison,and trapped.

can isk a dumb question here? WTF is an attestation form? Vasco do i need one? i can speak welsh if that helps :open_mouth:

welshboyinspain:
can isk a dumb question here? WTF is an attestation form? Vasco do i need one? i can speak welsh if that helps :open_mouth:

It’s a form toy use if you have not got suffcient tacho records to show.
Because you were on Holiday or off sick or driving vehicles not under the scope of Tacho Regs.

Although it only allows you one option and doesn’t give you an option of doing non driving work.

I do have electronic copies in various languages if anybody wants them, PM me and I’ll email you a copy.

phew thanks muckles now you’ve explained it in language i can understand i know what they are on about. :blush: :smiley: :smiley:
every time i take a holiday my boss gives me a letter but as my digicard never comes out of the tacho in the truck i’ve always got that as well.

toby1234abc:
“handwritten” in biro attestation

that is what the fine was for

handwritten is not acceptable for at least the last 2 years to try and counter the fraud that was being committed by drivers writing their won

Vascoingles:

toby1234abc:

handwritten is not acceptable for at least the last 2 years to try and counter the fraud that was being committed by drivers writing their won

Coffeeholic:

Activity Confirmation
Attestation d’Activité / Bescheinigung
Confirmación de Actividades
**Conferma di Attività **

To whom it may concern
Contrôle sur route/ Strassenkontrolle
A quien pueda interesar/ A chi di spettanza

EU Regulation No. 3821.85 - 20.12.85 - Article 15.7
Règlement (CEE) No. 3821/85 - 20.12.85 - Article 15.7
EWEG Vorschrift Nr. 3821/85 - 20.12.85 - Artikel 15.7
Reglamento UE Nº 3821/85 - 20.12.85 - Articulo 15.7
Norma UE No. 3821/85 - 20.12.85 - Articolo 15.7

During the period from ……………………………………….until………………………………
Au cours de la période du / au
Im Zeitraum vom / bis
Durante el periodo iniciado el / y terminado el
Durante il periodo compreso tra il / e il

Driver (Name - Christian Name) …………………………………………………………………
Conducteur (Nom - Prénom)/ Fahrer (Name - Vornahme)
El conductor (appellidos y nombre)/ Il conducente (Cognome - Nome)

Was /était /war/estuvo/è stato
(Delete if inapplicable/Rayer la mention inutile ou préciser/Nichtzutreffendes streichen oder genauer
bestimmen/Tachar lo innecesario/Cancellare qualora inapplicabile)

- occupied with tasks additional to driving ( ) the vehicle
occupé à des travaux annexes à la conduite d’un véhicule
wie folgt beschäftigt mit KFZ-Nebentätigkeiten
ocupado con tareas adicionales a la conducción del vehiculo
occupato con mansioni addizionali a quella di guida del veicolo

- at rest ( )
au repos / Rehetag / Descansando / A riposo

- has stopped working because ………………………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………………………
en arrêt de travail pour cause de / aus folgenden Gründen nicht beschäftigt
ha dejado de trabajar porque / ha smesso di lavorare perché

Company Stamp

Dated…………………………………
Cachet d’entreprise/Gesellschaftsstempel Datée du / Datum
Sello de la empresa/Timbro della società Fecha/ In data

Signature……………………………
Unterschrift
Firma

I would be right in saying you can use a biro to complete one of these forms though wouldn’t I, as long as it is stamped and signed by the office?

Thats a good question,because we need to sign a drivers name in biro,the rest of it on the company computer,but saying this the basque coppers said mine was invalid if handwritten on the attestation.They wanted the last 28 days anologue cards.As i hadnt driven for a few months,hence the big fine and stuck for 7 days,which was not much fun,the novelty wears off quickly.They are making a lot of money on this,if you see their new state of the art police station,it must have cost millions to build it with foreign truckers contribution fund donations made from the road side. :smiling_imp:

jimti:

Vascoingles:

toby1234abc:

Coffeeholic:

Activity Confirmation
Attestation d’Activité / Bescheinigung
Confirmación de Actividades
**Conferma di Attività **

To whom it may concern
Contrôle sur route/ Strassenkontrolle
A quien pueda interesar/ A chi di spettanza

EU Regulation No. 3821.85 - 20.12.85 - Article 15.7
Règlement (CEE) No. 3821/85 - 20.12.85 - Article 15.7
EWEG Vorschrift Nr. 3821/85 - 20.12.85 - Artikel 15.7
Reglamento UE Nº 3821/85 - 20.12.85 - Articulo 15.7
Norma UE No. 3821/85 - 20.12.85 - Articolo 15.7

During the period from ……………………………………….until………………………………
Au cours de la période du / au
Im Zeitraum vom / bis
Durante el periodo iniciado el / y terminado el
Durante il periodo compreso tra il / e il

Driver (Name - Christian Name) …………………………………………………………………
Conducteur (Nom - Prénom)/ Fahrer (Name - Vornahme)
El conductor (appellidos y nombre)/ Il conducente (Cognome - Nome)

Was /était /war/estuvo/è stato
(Delete if inapplicable/Rayer la mention inutile ou préciser/Nichtzutreffendes streichen oder genauer
bestimmen/Tachar lo innecesario/Cancellare qualora inapplicabile)

- occupied with tasks additional to driving ( ) the vehicle
occupé à des travaux annexes à la conduite d’un véhicule
wie folgt beschäftigt mit KFZ-Nebentätigkeiten
ocupado con tareas adicionales a la conducción del vehiculo
occupato con mansioni addizionali a quella di guida del veicolo

- at rest ( )
au repos / Rehetag / Descansando / A riposo

- has stopped working because ………………………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………………………
en arrêt de travail pour cause de / aus folgenden Gründen nicht beschäftigt
ha dejado de trabajar porque / ha smesso di lavorare perché

Company Stamp

Dated…………………………………
Cachet d’entreprise/Gesellschaftsstempel Datée du / Datum
Sello de la empresa/Timbro della società Fecha/ In data

Signature……………………………
Unterschrift
Firma

I would be right in saying you can use a biro to complete one of these forms though wouldn’t I, as long as it is stamped and signed by the office?

basically no we have had drivers fined for having it completed in biro, as they say anyone can have a company stamp stashed away somewhere in the cab. The same document filled out by a computer and signed in Biro has never had any problems (yet)