old haunts

looking for a reminder, where is “the pub at Bourg, and where is " the English mans” or the Italians" I don’t think I have been there, it’s on the way to the Blanc so I believe.
addresses would be nice.Thanks
Oh and which of them are open on wekends?

the pub at Bourg mmmmmmm :blush: never been there, never known anybody that’s been there…no changeovers at the pub ever… :blush: :blush: :blush: …darn it now I need to see a therapist again…

The pub at Bourg is off of the Bourg Sud exit, go through the peage to the T junction & turn right, it’s up the road a bit on the right hand side.

The Englishmans & the Italians are next door to each other, if you’re heading south, come off the motorway at Tournus & follow the road to Cuisery, it’s the old Convoi Exceptionnel route, after the town you come to a left hand bend, it drops down a bit of a hill & IIRC you cross the river Soane, the italians comes up on the right & the Englishmans comes up just after, it’s been 10 yrs since I’ve been to any of them but I don’t suppose it’s changed too much :wink:

newmercman:
The pub at Bourg is off of the Bourg Sud exit, go through the peage to the T junction & turn right, it’s up the road a bit on the right hand side.

And its closed at weekends.

The Englishmans & the Italians are next door to each other, if you’re heading south, come off the motorway at Tournus & follow the road to Cuisery, it’s the old Convoi Exceptionnel route, after the town you come to a left hand bend, it drops down a bit of a hill & IIRC you cross the river Soane, the italians comes up on the right & the Englishmans comes up just after, it’s been 10 yrs since I’ve been to any of them but I don’t suppose it’s changed too much :wink:

Not sure about them, but if you come off one junction earlier at Chalons Sud and follow the N6 down you’ll come across a few routiers and at least one of them is open at weekends.

Geoff

newmercman:

it’s an ids site there are sign’s for it from the t junction iirc it’s right after a right hand bend and you can drive past the entrance if your not carefull

if im thinking of the right place that is

The Italiens is still going but the Englishmans has long gone! Further down towards Bourg Jayat is still open but no trucks stop there anymore

Isn’t the Englishmans where a brit driver was knocking off one of the waitresess and he used to sit in the corner with the raving hump cos everytime she leant forward all the other drivers would look down her top.

Ah the pub at bourg en bresse, loved that place

Mckellar trucking RIP

It was owned by a Brummy driver i think,only stopped there once and everything came with chips and egg! They used to get drivers to bring down supplies for them so plenty of brown sauce avaliable

Talking of old haunts the Algerians on the N6 has been demolished so no more Banana Chantille!

Talking of old haunts, how many drivers doing Spanish work in the 80’s went to ‘Tillys’ at Puig?? she was another one who got us Brit drivers to bring her UK supplies.

I heard a driver moaning once that he’d been to a ‘Cash & Carry’ in England bringing her a cab full of beans & brown sauce and she didn’t even give him a free breakfast, I wasn’t regular enough to get asked which was just as well but plenty of others seemed only too willing to.

Ross.

PS, anyone remember that “THING” on her back :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

jacko22:
The Italiens is still going but the Englishmans has long gone! Further down towards Bourg Jayat is still open but no trucks stop there anymore

are you sure? I was parked up with a bloke at Macon last year who said he often went to the Englishmans, and even phoned the owner up while we were there

You could be right only going on what i’ve been told! Did pass by there last summer and it certainly looked shut down though. Someone on here should know !

jacko22:
You could be right only going on what i’ve been told! Did pass by there last summer and it certainly looked shut down though. Someone on here should know !

Does the same go for your info about The Algerian’s too Jacko? I’ve only just put that on the map after ‘reliable’ reports elsewhere. :smiling_imp:

The ‘Pub’ is still open, but does’nt get the trade it used to. Thats because most of the UK companies have packed in. Sometimes you could’nt even get parked at weekends, but now it’s shut Sat & Sun. Same goes for ‘Sisters’ at Arluno.

It’s a shame to hear that gb1, i spent some great weekends in there and especially in the summer months too

It was always buzzing with trucks coming and going, and more stories being told in the bar at night than you’ll ever read on here :laughing:

Drove past the Algerians whilst the bulldozers were in Spardo!

i am saddened to hear about the algerians.
its was my first eating house to ever go into in france.
i hated the food,but after 5 or 6 weeks i was addicted to it.
i wont say anything about the wine,##jayat was another regular of mine back in the 80s early 90s.
hte pub had too many drivers who used to boast about doing the middle east.
these was sand in the beer,i never bothered with it.
the a6 at chalon sud,is it still ok to go with a truck,i havnt been in 10 years.
as for tillies in el puig.
she was irish but had an english accent,i think that was to keep the english drivers happy.
it always seemed unessessary to me,the engllish guys were not interested in accents,just wine.
she wouldnt let me sit at a table one night when i met an old english friend of mine.
i had eaten elsewhere earlir and he was just in.
she got annoyed because i didnt want to order.
i think she got greedy as she got older.
is she still there?

bigr250
I am trying to remember Tilys husbands name,I used to stop there ,but after getting broken into twice started to use the Belgian one near the beach.

Hi Kerbut, I can picture him but can’t for the life of me remember his name either, my mate Carl (Marvo the memory man) will remember, I’ll find out from him later & post it.

Ross.

i was just talking to carl on the phone ros.
his memory is not what it used to be.
he seems to think tillys husbands name was hose or pepe.
he died of a heart atttack.
i dont know myself,i knew tilly thats all.