Hgv Sat nav

Hi Guys and Girls
Any suggestions on Hgv tom tom’s - Don’t want to pay too much but I have a car one and a truckers guide but don’t always have the time to check every single route.
And he is sending me down terraced streets but then I can not turn as they park on the corners or double park.

Looking at Snooper truckmate - but they all look the same !!! I drive 26t day cab - UK
Thanks Guys

I use this with no problems at all
ebay.co.uk/itm/5-inch-Truck- … 3cbec9bbc7

I will have a look… Cheers

mastesallan:

A P-navi, I’ve got one, can’t fault it.

I use a Tom Tom 5150 and comes with free lifetime maps.
It’s never let me down yet. And I drive class 1

luv26t:
Hi Guys and Girls
Any suggestions on Hgv tom tom’s - Don’t want to pay too much but I have a car one and a truckers guide but don’t always have the time to check every single route.
And he is sending me down terraced streets but then I can not turn as they park on the corners or double park.

Looking at Snooper truckmate - but they all look the same !!! I drive 26t day cab - UK
Thanks Guys

Which Tomtom have you got ?

Depending on the model you may be able to put the truck navcore and map on it.

tachograph:

luv26t:
Hi Guys and Girls

Thanks Guys

Which Tomtom have you got ?

Depending on the model you may be able to put the truck navcore and map on it.

I got a 530 with latest navcore and latest maps , total cost SH TomTom can be had for £60 maps free if you look , all those chinese satnavs are tat , if they are selling them for sixty on ebay the cost to build is pennies , steer clear :wink: HTH.

The price of trucknavs is coming down now. If you google truck nav then you will find a Garmin trucknav for less than £150

Mine was £74, Europe-wide including speedcams, truck specific including all classes of hazardous, HD, Windows 6.0 operating system, two-year-warranty, free lifetime updates. Would definitely recommend.

ebay.co.uk/itm/320907758426? … 1439.l2649

I recently bought the TomTom Classic XXL and I put weight limits in as Points Of Interest so that they flash up when I’m near to them. I still use my OS and truckers atlas’ and the sat nav to guide me the last bit of a journey. I also find Google Maps very good for double checking street names and postcodes are correct before I input them in my satnav.

Cheers guys thank-you

mastesallan:

My mate had one and it couldnt cope when we were in Europe , he lobbed it in Germany , ok for UK only or as a attractive paper weight or if you are skint :laughing:

I`ve got this one, works absolutely fine.

hgv-trucktables.co.uk/truck-sat-nav.php

I’ve just bought the new pro nav pnn350 paid 220 delivered and that includes euro maps. Yet to try it out but have the older version and its very good, you still have to check the map unless you already know roughly how to get there but thats more about being sensible than the product not being any good, 9 times out of 10 you’ll be fine but it has caught be out :blush: .

mine doesnt reconise m6 betweem j13 & j16 ■■? it tries to take you off to run parralell.luckilly i recognise a motorway when im on one :smiley: :smiley: , however like others on here (if not most) i tend to plan my route using a map and then use the sat nav to take me “round the houses”. also i find the trip monitor facility usefull on the occasions i drive a truck (mostly in a van). all in all i`m happy enough with it for the price. also on a differnt track , i have a tom tom xxl europe (car maps) that needs updating, theres a beer in it if anyone can update it for me ,i tried it once and managed to wipe it■■? had to send it away to get sorted hence i bought the pnavi in the meantime.

luv26t:
Hi Guys and Girls

Thanks Guys

how the ■■■■ is your satnav sending you down unsuitable roads, does it grip the steering wheel and wrestle it out of your hands and take control of the vehicle or is it you that is turning down unsuitable roads whilst blindly following your satnav?
honestly don’t think it will matter what you use, if you blindly turn down unsuitable roads now you will surely continue to do so, if you cannot see that a road is suitable why turn down it :smiley:

May i pointyou in this direction :arrow_right: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=96658

green456:
or is it you that is turning down unsuitable roads whilst blindly following your satnav?

I do this sometimes, just for ZBs and giggles… You should try it.

My boss has given me a tomtom xxl because my tomtom truck stopped working. Can anyone tell me if i can buy a sd card from tomtom with truck on it and just plug it into the xxl

Big ■■■■:
My boss has given me a tomtom xxl because my tomtom truck stopped working. Can anyone tell me if i can buy a sd card from tomtom with truck on it and just plug it into the xxl

Not possible i am afraid due to limitations on the size of memory in an XXL…it is possible to install a cut down version of the tomtom application and add the map to make it less than 2gb but its not an easy fix…also you need to know where to get these things and they aint official :wink: