HGV Sat Nav

Hey guys,

I need to buy a HGV Sat Nav but there are so many different ones so i dont really know which one is best one

I remember a guy told me there is a Sat Nav worth £400 is best one but i can’t find any that provide width and height, tunnel etc it will give me best route to avoid any tight roads etc

Michael

I bought one off fleabay for £70 just before Xmas. It does everything a snooper does that retail around the £350 mark. Spoke to a few drivers around the UK who bought the same one that I purchased & all agreed it does the job. The same sat nav can now be found cheaper again, on fleabay.

jonnyquango:
I bought one off fleabay for £70 just before Xmas. It does everything a snooper does that retail around the £350 mark. Spoke to a few drivers around the UK who bought the same one that I purchased & all agreed it does the job. The same sat nav can now be found cheaper again, on fleabay.

Thanks, I’ll have a look on that site, What Sat Nav you got there? Name / model :slight_smile:

For me I’ve got the cheap £70 off Ebay, just search truck sat nav and a plethora of 7" sat Navs will pop up to choose. It’s the mutts nuts for me and never has let me down, let’s you pre load routes and save. I’ve found it better than the tomtom pro 5150 which stays in the bag and never comes out now.

word of advice mate ,dont buy one of those cheap ■■■■■■ tacky ones from e bay
only tight people buy them cos they cant read maps
your best bet is the tom tom 5150 ,you really cant go wrong
bit dearer but you get what you pay for
you will never get lost again ,you will never go down a dead end and you probably wont ever hit a low bridge
it always takes you on a road suitable for your vehicle unless you have to go on country lanes
and if you take a wrong turning cos you are on the phone it automatically re routes you
but hold on theres more ,you get live traffic updates
if there is an accident on your route and the road is shut ,it automatically reroutes to a longer route
if your exit on the motorway is shut it takes you off at the one before or the one after
it tells you how long your traffic jam is ,it tells you everything ,it even tells you what you have in your sandwiches
if you ever need to have a 45 minute break that is
you really cant go wrong ,unless its cheese and onion

amazon.co.uk/TomTom-PRO-LIVE … B009GPHQNO

mzeros:
Hey guys,

I need to buy a HGV Sat Nav but there are so many different ones so i dont really know which one is best one

I remember a guy told me there is a Sat Nav worth £400 is best one but i can’t find any that provide width and height, tunnel etc it will give me best route to avoid any tight roads etc

Michael

go to hgvtruckingtables website £63 postage included :grimacing:

I paid £360 for Garmin dezl 760 and in my opinion it is not the best sat nav.

villa:
if there is an accident on your route and the road is shut ,it automatically reroutes to a longer route
if your exit on the motorway is shut it takes you off at the one before or the one after
it tells you how long your traffic jam is ,it tells you everything ,it even tells you what you have in your sandwiches

:open_mouth:
Pointless taking you off the one after aint it

nick2008:

villa:

:open_mouth:
Pointless taking you off the one after aint it

oh right ,is it
so if you was going down the M5 from junction 1 to Worcester and junction 6 was shut
there would be no point getting off at junction 7 then
REALLY

Got mine off trucktables, had it 18 months now.

Use it for UK and Euro work, not had a problem yet anywhere with it.

Why pay 100’s of £!! :grimacing:

Hi Mate,
Again as always its horses for courses, Yes you can buy off of ebay ect ect, maybe its ok maybe not. I personally now use the Snooper, not the cheapest but you do get really good back up, plus you get free updates for life,both UK & EU.
I have never had a problem with it so its good to go, But that does not mean cheaper versions are no good, your choice.

I use the 7" one from ebay, think I paid about £40 for it and I get free updates for life.
I have the new update with the 50mph on single carriageways already, I have put it back to the old maps until the limit gets increased.