tramping

can someone tell me what this invovles doing.Do you have to have a cat c+e licence to do it?
Thanks
Mark

“Tramping” simply means being away for extended periods, as opposed to getting home every day.

There are many drivers who go tramping in rigids, although I would say that the proportion of artic drivers who tramp is higher.

Vince

A more pure definition of tramping would be instead of getting a load from point a to b then getting a backload from b to a. You take loads that could go anywhere and eventually you get back to home. It’s more intresting than a normal trucking job and you get to see more places, but you are away from home alot more and have no chance of planning a life away from truck driving.
And you don’t need a C+E licence I know guys who tramp with 7.5t Trucks.

I spent a few months tramping in an 18tonner. It’s a great job if you like going just about anywhere.
One trip I was offered (went on an artic in the end) was load Loddon (nfk) to the Scots borders. Directly after 2 drops in Reading and one in London.

You do go anywhere. It’s great. (costs you a fortune in maps or makes you buy autoroute and a lappy but still) the chance to sit on a roadway in south wales, beside the sea, and eat your bacon sarnie on your 45 when based out of norfolk is beyond compare.

You dont even need a licence at all to be a tramp…:wink:.

jammymutt:
You dont even need a licence at all to be a tramp…:wink:.

thats quote of the month bearing in mind he’s fae glasgow :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the replies guys
I think i will look for a tramping job.
I have seen one advertised working out of Dewsbury.For a company called,Index Employment Ltd.
Anyone heard of them.
Thanks
Mark