Cummins engine question / Foden

In Fodens around 2004/5 ish I think there are 2 different ■■■■■■■ engines ?
M11 and Isme ? are these different engines and if so what is the best in the 380/420 hp range. Is one of these engines a later engine than the other .
Cheers

Same basic engine both pretty bulletproof isme later type.

Thanks mate

Wiki is your friend:

The ■■■■■■■ M Series engine is a straight six diesel engine designed and produced by ■■■■■■■■ It displaces 10.8 litres (659.1 cu in). Introduced as the M11 in 1994, it was built on the previous L10 engine (same 4.921 inches (125.0 mm) cylinder bore, but a longer 5.787 inches (147.0 mm) piston stroke compared to the L10’s 5.354 inches (136.0 mm) stroke).

In 1996, ■■■■■■■ added electronic controls to improve efficiency. This model became known as the M11 Plus.

The M11 Plus became the ISM when ■■■■■■■ applied its Interact System (hence the “IS” in ISM) to the M11 Plus to further improve the engine. The ISM is available in four different configurations, with slightly different emphasis on maximum power (450 horsepower (336 kW; 456 PS) vs. 500 horsepower (373 kW; 507 PS)) and peak torque.

Ken.

Ken , many thanks .
Paul

About time ■■■■■■■ and Cat introduced a new Euro 5 engine. We had some of the last fibreglass cabbed Fodens on W plates (2000) and although reliable, the Celect 10litre was a bit thirsty compared to the Cat C10s. They had a crap computer/immobiliser that armed within seconds of turning the ignition off.

The M11 is from 1997/8 till 2001 ish and is a euro 2 with and rpc. The ISMe is is from 2001 till 2006 and is a euro 3. So if your buying a 2004/5 it will have an ISMe in.

and HP ratings as in the UK;

M11 340, 380, 405, 410 and 440 are the ones I can remember please correct me if I’m wrong.

ISMe 345, 385 and 420

Hope this helps.

Had an EC11 with the M11 downrated to 300bhp when i worked at Lynx. It had 1.7m kms on it when it went off the fleet and still drove like a sweetie. Indestructable engines. :smiley:

Muckaway:
About time ■■■■■■■ and Cat introduced a new Euro 5 engine. We had some of the last fibreglass cabbed Fodens on W plates (2000) and although reliable, the Celect 10litre was a bit thirsty compared to the Cat C10s. They had a crap computer/immobiliser that armed within seconds of turning the ignition off.

As a keen supporter of ( whats left of it ) the British truck industry but I have no experience of Cat engines , Iwould welcome any information and comments .

a ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ with a Frame around and a Steering Wheel
Thats a lorry to can work over Decades.

A 14 litre ■■■■■■■ is better though. (Headphones for better sound required.)

youtube.com/user/m648mvp#p/a/u/1/1uXH_11ySHQ

Ken.

Muckaway:

So which european manufacturer do you think will fit a Euro 5 ■■■■■■■ or cat engine then? :confused:

With the exception of the ■■■■■■■ (Paccar-branded) 4/6 pot in the DAF LF/CF, there are no Cat or ■■■■■■■ Euro 5 engines.

Hence no more Fodens or ERFs…as the US proprietary engine was the main feature that separated them from being a DAF or an MAN.

Sisu from Finnland run on renault and cat,but after resale of the Company it uses Parts from Axor,i believe.
Just say Scandinavian Mercedes :grimacing:

GasGas:
With the exception of the ■■■■■■■ (Paccar-branded) 4/6 pot in the DAF LF/CF, there are no Cat or ■■■■■■■ Euro 5 engines.

Hence no more Fodens or ERFs…as the US proprietary engine was the main feature that separated them from being a DAF or an MAN.

Fodens also had rubber suspension over the creaky Daf springs. Our 6w Fodens with 12l Cat 345bhp engines are way better than our Daf Cfs with 360s. No adblue either.
For anyone who says Cats are thirsty, I get just under 10mpg from mine. I’m hoping to be “overlooked” for a new Daf this year…

boris:

Muckaway:

So which european manufacturer do you think will fit a Euro 5 ■■■■■■■ or cat engine then? :confused:

Daf did when they put Foden badges on their wagons :stuck_out_tongue:

Immigrant:
Sisu from Finnland run on renault and cat,but after resale of the Company it uses Parts from Axor,i believe.
Just say Scandinavian Mercedes :grimacing:

I think one of the reasons for the change is that Merc is good to go for Euro 6.

There are no Euro 4 Cat engines, and Renault will likely be rebadged Volvos come Euro 6.

But ■■■■■■■ ISX will meet US EPA10, so might make a comeback here as EPA10 and Euro 6 are not too far apart.

I drove a Sheddon with 300 Bhp or so and it run like Hell.Always heavy with Flat trailer.
Got later one with Iveco Cab,much stronger and didnt feel the Hills.Miss the Eaton anywhy too

Now Foden and ERF have gone, there isn’t a lightweight lorry than is good off road.

been looking on ■■■■■■■ website ,seen the X15 600 and X12 500 euro 6 so have asked how much to supply ,also it must come with the exhaust ,pressume I could use the radiator, intetcooler and air filter from a paccar installation ?