Gas Attacks

Over the years the issue of drivers being knocked out by gas being pumped into the cab has been discussed at length, CM is researching this. At the moment they are struggling as the authorities are saying there is no definative proof that these attacks happen.

CM would like to hear from anyone that has proof (medical, police reports etc) that confirm they were gassed. In this case" My mate told me", or" I woke up with a bad head", will not do…

If you can help us prove these events happen please post, or if you wish PM me in confidence.

This is an investigation by CM and comments may be used in the article,HOWEVER given the nature of the subject anonimity is assured if wanted

A timely occasion to drag this back up…

"Thank you for your enquiry. I would like to inform you that you are not the first enquirer with this question. Professor Hatch, our Clinical Advisor, has given the following previous comments:

"I can give you a categorical assurance that it would not be possible to render someone unconscious with ether without their knowledge, even if they were sleeping at the time. Ether is an extremely pungent agent and a relatively weak anaesthetic by modern standards and has a very irritant affect of the air passages, causing coughing and sometimes vomiting. It takes some time to reach unconsciousness, even if given by direct application to the face on a rag, and the concentration needed by some sort of spray into a room would be enormous. The smell hangs around for days and would be obvious to anyone the next day.

There are much more powerful agents around now, some of which are almost odourless. However, these would be unlikely to be able to achieve the effect you describe, and the cost would be huge enough to deter any thief unless he was after the crown jewels. The only practicable agent is probably the one used by the Russians in the Moscow siege - I advised the BBC on their programme about this. The general feeling is that they used an agent which is not available outside the KGB!

Finally, unsupervised anaesthesia, which is what we are really talking about is very dangerous. In the Moscow siege about 20% of victims died from asphyxia, because their airways were unprotected. If the reports you talk about are true I would have expected a significant number of deaths or cases of serious brain damage to have been reported."

I hope this information is helpful to you.

The Royal College of Anaesthetists "

Funny this, I was only just talking to a friend of mine this morning who says he got gassed in Belgium…The thing is he didn’t realise untill the medical people at Dover told him…He did have 2 immigrants found in his trl when he was waiting for the boat.
There is alot more to this story but he might just come on here and tell you himself…Hope your feeling better Bob you old knacker… :laughing:

If they are serious then they should ask the relevant police in certain country’s of
the EU ; here they will be able to get more information,to help their investigation
about this subject.

When i was doing euro work i got talking to one bloke on the ferry en route to dover , he was telling me that he had been gassed and robbed in Belgium, he told me that the police over their say they think that a gas that is used to get foxes out of their dens if underground is used to gas drivers if there is any truth in this i don’t know, but there are some strange guys that drive rentokil vans, in and out of the msa’s over there, i also heard a rumor that some drivers also have been victims of serious ■■■■■■ assault’s, as well as being gassed and robbed

This could be a long thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Most common after eating a feed of beans or spicy food

tommy t:
When i was doing euro work i got talking to one bloke on the ferry en route to dover , he was telling me that he had been gassed and robbed in Belgium, he told me that the police over their say they think that a gas that is used to get foxes out of their dens if underground is used to gas drivers if there is any truth in this i don’t know, but there are some strange guys that drive rentokil vans, in and out of the msa’s over there, i also heard a rumor that some drivers also have been victims of serious ■■■■■■ assault’s, as well as being gassed and robbed

Well, no, because the suggestion is that this imaginary gas puts a driver into a deep sleep. It would do the same to foxes if it existed, not send them fleeing from their holes. The general myth is that they use Easy-Start, see the email from The Royal College of Anaesthetists for a professional view on that.

As to the second part, although I still don’t believe it, I will never look at a Rentokil van again without wondering if I am going to wake up 12 hours later with a thumping head and a used condom up my arse.

I’ve been gassed = Had a few to many beers with the other drivers last night and we set fire to the goods to keep warm.

i was also gassed in 98,in belgium, most of the gassing is done in belgium any reason why.

I was gassed once when i lost all my running money in the fruit machine on the ferry crossing!! :laughing: :laughing:

browncow2:
i was also gassed in 98,in belgium, most of the gassing is done in belgium any reason why.

33cl Primus

Deepinvet:
Funny this, I was only just talking to a friend of mine this morning who says he got gassed in Belgium…The thing is he didn’t realise untill the medical people at Dover told him…He did have 2 immigrants found in his trl when he was waiting for the boat.
There is alot more to this story but he might just come on here and tell you himself…Hope your feeling better Bob you old knacker… :laughing:

I am feeling better thx m8 had to get my daughter to type this out as still got blurred vision got me eyedrops tho not that they helping doc said to just relax n try and rest my eyes will give u a bell in the week
to all that dont belive think of the others out there that have children with them in campers they are getting gassed and robbed of their belongings WILL IT HAVE TO TAKE A DEATH BEFORE ACTION IS TAKEN!!! :imp:

oldbob:
I am feeling better thx m8 had to get my daughter to type this out as still got blurred vision got me eyedrops tho not that they helping doc said to just relax n try and rest my eyes will give u a bell in the week
to all that dont belive think of the others out there that have children with them in campers they are getting gassed and robbed of their belongings WILL IT HAVE TO TAKE A DEATH BEFORE ACTION IS TAKEN!!! :imp:

But you didn’t even realise you had been gassed until the medical people at Dover told you? Who are these medical people anyway, I’ve never been given a medical at Dover?

What CM and Rikki want is documented evidence. If you have any I’m sure they would be interested in seeing it.

Harry Monk:

oldbob:

But you didn’t even realise you had been gassed until the medical people at Dover told you? Who are these medical people anyway, I’ve never been given a medical at Dover?

What CM and Rikki want is documented evidence. If you have any I’m sure they would be interested in seeing it.

I DID NOT SAY IT WAS MEDICAL PEOPLE IN DOVER THAT TOLD ME ALSO PAPER WORK FROM THE SOUTH EAST AMBULANE SERVICE WAS FAXED TO THIS SITE SAYIN I WAS SUFFERING FROM POST GASSING WHAT ELSE DO U WANT I WAS TOLD IN CALAIS THAT I WAS THE SECOND DRIVER SUFFERING THE EFFECTS OF GASSING OLDBOB

Hope you get well soon Bob, did they say what gas they thought it was?

urban myth.
maybe faulty gas appliances in caravans and campers. :bulb:

Harry Monk:
Hope you get well soon Bob, did they say what gas they thought it was?

local gp says burns to eyes looks like cs gas of some type still having problems with sunlight just like getting arc eye :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: by the way tried to get touch with professor hatch whos now retired!!!

It use to be that people on the Costa del Sol claimed they had been robbed after claiming they had been gassed by having it pumped in through there air conditioning. It actually turns out that there is no route from the outside of the air conditioning unit to the inside. What i find hard to accept is where do they get this gas that that the police never seem to have caught anyone in possession of. Is there a special villains supermarket in Moscow or Tirana or somewhere that sells it ?. It’s funny, down in Spain i know exactly who i would go to, to buy a kilo of coke or even an Uzzi machine gun but i have never seen or been offered a can of this super gas.

oldbob:
local gp says burns to eyes looks like cs gas of some type still having problems with sunlight just like getting arc eye :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

But the trouble is that cs gas would not make you go to sleep- quite the opposite. I imagine there are many here who have done Army training and who have been exposed to it during training, who will confirm this.

It’s not ether, it might just be fentanyl but how many illegal immigrants flee from home taking a laboratory and hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of impossible-to-obtain chemicals with them?

So what else could it be?

As has been stated, in twenty years nobody has ever been caught in possession of this gas. Additionally, nobody has ever died from it. No victim ever reports it to the Police. It nearly always happens in Belgium, nothing of commercial value is ever stolen, generally just the driver’s running money…

I’ll look forward to the CM article and hope they manage to dig up the hard evidence which has long been requested but never once provided on TruckNet to substantiate it,