M5 a unique charm?

Well do you agree with this chap?

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2946

Not so sure!! Charm? Interesting? borring?

To me its just another road with too many cars on it!

The best thing about the M5 is that if I come off at junction 23 I’m home in less than 10mins

never had the chance to be on the m5,so i can’t comment on this guy’s finding’s.but i’m sure other’s will have better comment’s to make once they sobber up from the easter weekend.but surely there must be better and more interesting thing’s to write about, such as life as a trucker. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

motorways interesting i don,t think so … if im going north i prefer the a1 … but the most boring motorway to me has got to be the m40 god that enough to send me to sleep thinking about it…it seems a life time from the m25 to the m42, as terry wogan says; is it me,

There has been a book written about the A272 between Maresfield and Winchester ! OK some of it maybe a bit scenic but it’s a nightmare for for HGV’s with a long detour around Petworth now the 7.5 tonne limit has been put in. Queueing through Midhurst but at least you miss out Petersfield now! :laughing:

DAve

M5 has some nice spots. J19 to j20 is my favorite…

Apart, that is, the sea of caravanners creeping up there in bottom gear at this time of the year. At least the scenery is nice so we have something to look at.

Ahhh.The M5, my route home… :smiley:

Unfortunately, my main route out, along with all those lovely caravans :frowning:

Know the feeling… And I’m on local tipper/skip work round the area tha tjams up worst… :unamused:

Disagree on most boring motorway although it is in second place to the M180. The M11 is in 3rd and only just stays there because there are a few nice hills at the bottom end where you can raz past other truckers if you’ve got a bit of weight on on the downhill bits (and obviously the power to get up t’other side else there’s no point coz you’d be back at square one :laughing: ). The whole of the M6 from the M1 to it becoming the A74M up to Glasgow bores me silly too.

I much prefer the M62 and A1 from Ferrybridge down for some variety and I don’t quite know why but the A1 to the M25 seems a lot quicker than the M1 which just goes on and on and on…

Oh, the M4 in England is very dull too but don’t go on there too much thank the Lord.

whole of the M6 from the M1 to it becoming the A74M up to Glasgow bores me silly too.

couldn’t agree with you more there rob, one hell of a boring road.

windows and sun roof open to keep one awake :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

England is in real trouble if the M5 is the jewel in our crown! :open_mouth:

cornish trucker:
Unfortunately, my main route out, along with all those lovely caravans :frowning:

don’t worry, I drove from J19 to J25 today and all the caravans were leaving :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: