ASDA Magna Park info

Just applied for a job. I know what the pay rate is but it seems a bit low for supermarket work. Also says 45hrs. Is that accurate or can you/are you expected to do more? What is the pay cycle? Weekly? Monthly?

45 is contracted hrs, if you want non-seeking then 45 is all you will have to do, want seeking then OT is usually available, especially if you get a name for being a grabber and seeking it.
OT depends on what shift pattern you get put on. 4x11.25hrs then you can pledge rest day working and get a bit in at the end of the shift. 5x9hrs then its getting back for a second run and doing the OT while you are in on the end of the shift as very difficult to get a rest day due to shift pattern.

Paid 4 weekly.

£11.92 per hour. I thought Supermarket work was reasonably good pay - it seems not.

Or is this how the new owners reduce costs to pay for the takeover ■■

steelgoon:
£11.92 per hour. I thought Supermarket work was reasonably good pay - it seems not.

Certainly not what I’m on for them. Different depot though. Didnt know there was different pay rates between depot. I know they brought in a “new starter” rate a year or 2 ago but sure it wasnt that low :confused:

Fuzrat:
I know they brought in a “new starter” rate a year or 2 ago but sure it wasnt that low :confused:

An acquaintance of mine started in the warehouse there and said new starters were on a quid an hour less for the first 26 weeks. That’s across the board I think.

Fuzrat:

steelgoon:

Certainly not what I’m on for them. Different depot though. Didnt know there was different pay rates between depot. I know they brought in a “new starter” rate a year or 2 ago but sure it wasnt that low :confused:

I think that could be the new starter rate that you get for the first 6 months then it’s £1.00 an hour more but that’s for the base rate between 06.00 - 14.00 other hours you get a bit extra.