Well he was told to wear a mask

newsandstar.co.uk/news/1874 … hant-mask/

Whether he was right or wrong, an idiot, or just having a laugh, …
Ain’t it a nice touch that his boss backed him up, most would have jumped on the shocked and outraged band wagon to pander to the self righteous masses, telling the paper he would be instantly dismissed…I know my lot would anyway. :unamused:

In his line of defence he said he was a ‘TRUNK driver.’ :laughing: :laughing:

Fair play to him, nice to see a sense of humour. Something that is increasingly lacking nowadays.

No sympathy tbh. Stupid stunt that is likely to cost at least one or both of them points on their licence or worse and possibly the sack layer on if prosecuted for a stupid stunt. It’s only going to end one way in this day and age with people only too happy to provide video evidence of themselves doing something they can be prosecuted for.

My idea of hell would be to be a grey person living in a grey world.

I’m hardly the gold standard for driving skill or health and safety but ‘ A TikTok video shows two lorry drivers having some fun while driving down the motorway’ just screams pair of dangerous morons to me. Yup, driving two trucks down the motorway is a top place for ‘having some fun’

switchlogic:
I’m hardly the gold standard for driving skill or health and safety but ‘ A TikTok video shows two lorry drivers having some fun while driving down the motorway’ just screams pair of dangerous morons to me. Yup, driving two trucks down the motorway is a top place for ‘having some fun’

Have to agree with this, maybe i haven’t got a sense of humour but whats funny about wearing a stupid mast? Bet all the other drivers were killing themselves with laughter :unamused:

switchlogic:

I know you have earned your stripes as a Euro driver, but for ■■■ sake, you dont half show your age. This would be considered tame about 20 years ago, and decidedly lame before that…

I applaud them, and that’s why I either dont wear a mask, or wear something obnoxious if have to…
Sorry, but there it is. Some of us dont follow the herd. Never have never will…

There’s a time and place To have a laugh and that time and place isn’t while you’re in charge of a lump of metal of any size going over 50mph on a public highway.

“Why aren’t we respected by the public?”
“I want to be called a professional driver.”
Ever seen posts like that?
Bunch of trucks running together, pulling along each other, slowing and accelerating in both lanes*. Yeah, that’ll show the public how we are true professionals deserving of respect won’t it?
Act like a fool you may get tugged by the police at the time, and may get a tongue lashing. Put it on t’net and you’re asking to be made an example of; “to discourage the others”, as Napoleon never said.
*Can’t believe no one has called this elephant racing yet!
Edit ‘bunch of trucks’ is two of them.

Im sure the trucknet detectives/grasses will have already informed the police of driver responsible.

Then moan about it on this forum.

Wow, ‘‘They’’ in authority have definitely got to us reading some of the posts on this. :smiley:

Look,…of course it was not the wisest thing to do, daft, irresponsible, unprofessional, and every other descriptive adjective you can think of, but like everything else today, they’ve ‘‘got to’’ record it on a phone,thus implicating themselves…that is where they went wrong. :bulb:

Of course they’re a couple of idiots, but the difference between my initial reaction and the fully paid up members of the Fun Police on here, was to initially snigger to myself, thinking ‘ffs :unamused: couple of knobs’', shake my head but at the same time still grinning at it…aka sense of humour overriding disapproval. :bulb:

Maybe it’s just me that’s wrong, … so I’m gonna call the Police, lobby my MP, and write to ‘The Guardian’…signing in as ‘‘Outraged from Carlisle’’ :smiley:
At least his boss had a sense of humour…before bollocking them.
Stay happy in the job guys, bet you’re a scream.
:neutral_face:

Doubled up. :blush:

robroy:

With laughter?

Franglais:

robroy:

With laughter?

Yep…at some of you miserable ■■■■ s on here. :laughing:

Funny to wear a comic mask? OK.
Want to make a point? OK.
Need to do that driving on a motorway?

Might have been better with a stationary vehicle, pretend security guard shouts “you got a mask driver?” and elephant head appears through window.

Franglais:
Funny to wear a comic mask? OK.
Want to make a point? OK.
Need to do that driving on a motorway?

Might have been better with a stationary vehicle, pretend security guard shouts “you got a mask driver?” and elephant head appears through window.

Look…I didn’t exactly wet my kecks, split my sides, or reach for the oxygen mask to recover,.and I did not say it was the cleverest thing to do…if you read my post correctly. :bulb: …instead of selectively.

Thing about humour is it’s up to the individual, …black humour for instance or racist jokes, you know you shouldn’t laugh, but things are funny in varying degrees depending on the individual, whether he has a good varied sense of humour, or is a complete miserable 2 hat.
As Bernard Manning once said, if something is funny…it’s funny, whether you approve or not is a different argument…

I recall when most truckers had a good soh, but as I said, ‘‘They’’ have successfully brain washed some of us (in many ways) it would appear.

Just thinking, would you lot have let him off if he’d been wearing his hi viz while driving. :laughing:…your kind of driver. :smiley:

Considering some of the antics that used to go on, on that stretch of the M6 when heading for the 04.00 sailing this is trivial. People need to lighten up it’s a quiet stretch of the motorway both lorries kept in their lanes, something some drivers struggle with when not acting the clown, it’s hardly driving offence of the year.

I am sure Rob’s good mood when seeing this was only down to the fact that Newcastle were 7 nil up at the time he posted the original post. :smiley: I wonder if on the weekend, when they revert to normality he will find it remotely funny…

Me? I have no problem at all with anyone trying to lighten the mood, but once you put stuff ‘out there’ you have to accept what is coming your way.

Last week, kids driving an Irish V8, this week an elephant behind the wheel.

Next week I reckon we will see an overpaid driver who is happy in his work, (no that will never happen…).

Franglais:
“Why aren’t we respected by the public?”
“I want to be called a professional driver.”
Ever seen posts like that?
Bunch of trucks running together, pulling along each other, slowing and accelerating in both lanes*. Yeah, that’ll show the public how we are true professionals deserving of respect won’t it?
Act like a fool you may get tugged by the police at the time, and may get a tongue lashing. Put it on t’net and you’re asking to be made an example of; “to discourage the others”, as Napoleon never said.
*Can’t believe no one has called this elephant racing yet!
Edit ‘bunch of trucks’ is two of them.

So in the scheme of things this is why the public hate us two guys having a bit of craic, obviously the public thought much more highly of us when the parcels driver ran into the back of the minibus in the M1, when the guy on the A34 killed a family whilst scrolling through his i pod or the numerous delays caused by bridge strikes, seems perspective is completely lost these days with everyone trying to win the “I’m the most offended trophy”
No one was hurt no damage was done if you came into this job expecting a pat on the back off Joe public for driving 200 miles without hitting anything then you’re in for a lifetime of disappointment.