Well he was told to wear a mask

Darkside:
I am sure Rob’s good mood when seeing this was only down to the fact that Newcastle were 7 nil up at the time he posted the original post. :smiley: I wonder if on the weekend, when they revert to normality he will find it remotely funny…

Me? I have no problem at all with anyone trying to lighten the mood, but once you put stuff ‘out there’ you have to accept what is coming your way.

Last week, kids driving an Irish V8, this week an elephant behind the wheel.

Next week I reckon we will see an overpaid driver who is happy in his work, (no that will never happen…).

Aye, us lads can beat these top super teams like Morecambe no bother man. :sunglasses:
:laughing:

the nodding donkey:

switchlogic:
I’m hardly the gold standard for driving skill or health and safety but ‘ A TikTok video shows two lorry drivers having some fun while driving down the motorway’ just screams pair of dangerous morons to me. Yup, driving two trucks down the motorway is a top place for ‘having some fun’

I know you have earned your stripes as a Euro driver, but for ■■■ sake, you dont half show your age. This would be considered tame about 20 years ago, and decidedly lame before that…

I applaud them, and that’s why I either dont wear a mask, or wear something obnoxious if have to…
Sorry, but there it is. Some of us dont follow the herd. Never have never will…

I’ve done things in a truck that would make you and everyone on here wince*, you don’t spend over half a career working for Dutch and Irish companies otherwise, but you need to know how to move with the times and behave by modern standards. As for following herd, yup, proper sheep me :wink:

(I remember 20 years ago, my driving career was just under 5 years old at that point)

*Observation, NOT boast

It also helps that it wasn’t in the remotest bit funny, probably drivers who think they are funniest human to ever live and proclaim to anyone who listen ‘I’m mad me’

robroy:

Franglais:
Funny to wear a comic mask? OK.
Want to make a point? OK.
Need to do that driving on a motorway?

Might have been better with a stationary vehicle, pretend security guard shouts “you got a mask driver?” and elephant head appears through window

Would have been better, let’s face it couldn’t be worse, if they used it to make a comical point by approaching goods in or a security with it on, you know, real people…I know truck drivers are a bit unused to interaction with people but they could have done it if big boys & brave :slight_smile: and their video might have gone viral for a positive reason instead of this reason

I’m available for ideas when needed, competitive rates

See what I did here? :wink:

the maoster:
See what I did here? :wink:

So if someone has such a sense of self importance, that they feel entitled to be self appointed arbiters of who has a sense of humour…

I don’t really care if you have or haven’t got a sense of humour Franglais, it’s not like we’re drinking buddies or anything. Humour is I suppose selective. All I know is that certain folk here are probably strangers to the sound of their own laughter.

Actually, if I’m being truthful I suspect that you actually have a well developed sense of humour but you very favourite thing in life is playing Devils advocate :wink:

Nothing to do with having a sense of humour. These masks maybe funny to some in certain circumstances but not when driving an LGV down a motorway.
Nothing more than irresponsible and childish. :unamused:

the maoster:
I don’t really care if you have or haven’t got a sense of humour Franglais, it’s not like we’re drinking buddies or anything. Humour is I suppose selective. All I know is that certain folk here are probably strangers to the sound of their own laughter.

Actually, if I’m being truthful I suspect that you actually have a well developed sense of humour but you very favourite thing in life is playing Devils advocate :wink:

I’m probably the worst possible judge of whether of not I have a sense of humour.
Try reading my post again after assuming I have an ironic smile on my face?

"Martin O’Neill, 36, owner of the haulage company based in Strabane, Northern Ireland, defended the antics and claimed that there was no law against wearing elephant masks while driving. He told the Daily Mail: “I don’t think it’s against the law for a driver to wear an elephant mask. I don’t see no law that you shouldn’t wear a mask.” "

That will persuade the Constabulary to change their minds, have a laugh and let Dumbo continue on his merry way. While trunking, anyway.

Always the facebook brigade that moan.

Tyere is no law to suggest wearing an elephants mask is illegal as stated by the firms boss.

As long as he can still see clearly then whats the proplem?
Next wearing a balaclava will be frowned upon suggesting that it should be cut just above the eyebrows all the way round to form a hat.

Itsbecoming a pcwprld with absolute creatures judging why they didnt have fun im the past and looking on with jealousy.

As thier mode of fun was nicking a bulb from a drivers trailer or sticking a fish in the cab.

Its 2020 lads. Youll all be pushing up dasies soon or turned to dust.

Lighten up.

Its called having fun.

cgscott:

Tyere is no law to suggest wearing an elephants mask is illegal as stated by the firms boss.

Next wearing a balaclava will be frowned upon suggesting that it should be cut just above the eyebrows all the way round to form a hat.

Itsbecoming a pcwprld with absolute creatures judging why they didnt have fun im the past and looking on with jealousy.

As thier mode of fun was nicking a bulb from a drivers trailer or sticking a fish in the cab.

Lighten up.

Its called having fun.

You certainly have a sense of humour being brave enough to post with your appalling spelling. :blush:

Best fun I have had is since I retired and left the Uk. :smiley:

cgscott:

Lighten up.
Its called having fun.

Its called being a prat! A little child would think its funny, Anyone over about 10 would just look or give the w@#kers sign :unamused: Yes i am over 50 and miserable old git.

Wearing a mask?
Neither here nor there.
Playing silly buggers, over and under taking, silly.
Filming from the driver seat of a truck, dumb.
Filming with a handheld phone? If that is what happened, Illegal.
Posting it, stupid.
Defending it because some people have done worse?
No one killed? Well, should we stop all prosecutions that don’t result in fatal accidents?
Speeding outside schools is ok, so long as no kids are killed today?

cgscott:

Lighten up.

Its called having fun.

Well you certainly know how to have fun :smiley: Maybe you can give us joyless types some advice

Franglais:
Wearing a mask?
Neither here nor there.
Posting it, stupid.
No one killed? Well, should we stop all prosecutions that don’t result in fatal accidents?

BIG +1

jakethesnake:

Franglais:
Wearing a mask?
Neither here nor there.
Posting it, stupid.

BIG +1

No hyberbole or over exaggeration there then, just think how many kittens, nuns and children were not killed in the making of this video. Yes daft to post it on the internet, take a look of one O’Neills lorries next time you see one and look for damage, then look at some of the firms in England who only employ non thinking robots and would sack a driver for next to nothing and compare the damage the state of some firms plant considering their trailers don’t get shipped is a disgrace.
Two lads having a bit of craic on one of the UK’s quietest stretches of motorway, if that’s all ■■■■■■■ Constabulary had to worry about that day then ■■■■■■■ must be utopia, bearing in mind the investigation into police corruption there involving the chief constable not to long back I’d suggest it isn’t utopia

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:

Franglais:
Wearing a mask?
Neither here nor there.
Posting it, stupid.

BIG +1

No hyberbole or over exaggeration there then, just think how many kittens, nuns and children were not killed in the making of this video. Yes daft to post it on the internet, take a look of one O’Neills lorries next time you see one and look for damage, then look at some of the firms in England who only employ non thinking robots and would sack a driver for next to nothing and compare the damage the state of some firms plant considering their trailers don’t get shipped is a disgrace.
Two lads having a bit of craic on one of the UK’s quietest stretches of motorway, if that’s all ■■■■■■■ Constabulary had to worry about that day then ■■■■■■■ must be utopia, bearing in mind the investigation into police corruption there involving the chief constable not to long back I’d suggest it isn’t utopia

Does the Chief Constable of ■■■■■■■ being Attilla the Hun, or Mother Theresa, make the driving any better or worse?
Exaggggeration by me?
Yes
Obviously you are the one Maoster was talking about!

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:

Franglais:
Wearing a mask?
Neither here nor there.
Posting it, stupid.

BIG +1

Does the Chief Constable of ■■■■■■■ being Attilla the Hun, or Mother Theresa, make the driving any better or worse?
Exaggggeration by me?
Yes

Lol if that’s what you think that’s fine :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:

Franglais:
Wearing a mask?
Neither here nor there.
Posting it, stupid.

BIG +1

Exaggggeration by me?
Yes

Lol if that’s what you think that’s fine :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[emoji3]
Ha! So you admit I have the necessary parts to think?
That’s more than some here would concede!