I'VE GOT ME AN INTERVIEW [emoji44]

Yeeees yes I know, who’d be stoooooopid enough [emoji16][emoji38]

But I have, be a day out if nowt else…

Now, I’m being serious here, I ain’t turned a wheel since February, and even then it was a shower of a performance on my behalf, yes I passed lol but I’m new so what can I say I ain’t before, parkings gonna be a treat for them…[emoji28]

Any advice on getting some emergency confidence up?
I’ve been honest an told them I’ve more rust than a cortina from the south coast so I hope they’ll understand a bit, but it’s a buyers market as we all know and I need this.

Let the ridicule commence… [emoji38]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Who is it for? No names, just kinda is it a smaller firm or a larger one?

Benjie83:

Now, I’m being serious here, I ain’t turned a wheel since February, and even then it was a shower of a performance on my behalf, yes I passed lol but I’m new so what can I say I ain’t before, parkings gonna be a treat for them…[emoji28]

I’ve been honest an told them I’ve more rust than a cortina from the south coast so I hope they’ll understand a bit, but it’s a buyers market as we all know and I need this.

Well if you keep convincing yourself that you have no confidence and on top of that telling anyone who will listen then i don’t hold out much hope, self doubt is a non starter
All you can do is give it your best shot, keep on telling yourself, I can do this I have the qualification so that’s the hardest part over
Good luck you did it before so you can do it again

Evens; my lack of experience put them off

2/1; the shift patterns were ridiculous

3/1; the pay looked good on paper but in reality was shocking.

5/1; the trucks were rubbish and obviously badly maintained

10/1 outsider; I was overqualified.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Result Benjie! [emoji41]try not to worry, everyone is rubbish when they first start. If you can drive a car safely, it ain’t too much of a stretch for the big uns. Apart from the reversing obvs.

Just ask the bloke assessing you if you aren’t sure. Ask them how they like things doing without kissing up to him, subtle like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the maoster:
Evens; my lack of experience put them off

2/1; the shift patterns were ridiculous

3/1; the pay looked good on paper but in reality was shocking.

5/1; the trucks were rubbish and obviously badly maintained

10/1 outsider; I was overqualified.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ooooh you are awful. :laughing:
youtu.be/dJmg-879j5o
Say hello to Reg. :laughing:

Firms are getting desperate as work picks up ( txts offering £200 for recommending a driver , o/t pay rates being put up ) so it’s again becoming drivers market again ( I’ve just had interview & have 2 next week ) so even with little experience / rusty you will be fine
Best of luck Benjie83
Nb if you’re desperate my job will be available in a week / 2 ( job is a piece of ■■■■ , but all this crap with tax office is getting on my nerves , so going back employed )

dons tin Hat

Who’s it with … The Logistics People??

dozy:
:smiley:
Nb if you’re desperate my job will be available in a week / 2 ( job is a piece of ■■■■ ,

:open_mouth: So why do you make it so ■■■■ hard for yourself then doze?

robroy:

dozy:
:smiley:
Nb if you’re desperate my job will be available in a week / 2 ( job is a piece of ■■■■ ,

:open_mouth: So why do you make it so [zb] hard for yourself then
I’m on about the driving pallets of pop around rob , piece of ■■■■ , long hours , running out of time is crap but as you say
Your mates don’t get that so hopefully if Benjie83 was desperate for a job he wouldn’t
Either .
I was talking to a driver yesterday , he drives everywhere at 50 mph apparently to make sure he gets 12 hrs a day in , I drive everywhere on the limiter & this week it been 7 am - 9/10 pm , 6 am start today ,
I get on with job as that’s the way I’ve always been , it obviously doesn’t work for me but it’s hard to change at 58

Benjie83:

Dont forget to keep up up to date bennie

dozy:
Firms are getting desperate as work picks up ( txts offering £200 for recommending a driver , o/t pay rates being put up ) so it’s again becoming drivers market again ( I’ve just had interview & have 2 next week ) so even with little experience / rusty you will be fine
Best of luck Benjie83
Nb if you’re desperate my job will be available in a week / 2 ( job is a piece of ■■■■ , but all this crap with tax office is getting on my nerves , so going back employed )

I was saying to someone today that a lot of older lads near retirement just won’t be back as the threat from Covid 19 is higher the older you get. [emoji362]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk