List of fridge hauliers in the North Kent/Essex areas

Hi i am a new driver and would like to go on fridge work but have been struggling to find all the temperature controlled distributors in and around my local area… if anyone could help me with a list of hauliers i could try i would be very grateful.

I am looking for a tramping position hence i have selected the north of kent and into essex as my preferred areas

Many thanks in advance

Hope everyone is safe and well

Tilbury
DJV , panel supplies ,Meyers timber , Outens , Youngs , Maritime
Dagenham Stobarts Encon , SIG
also Coop Tesco’s ,
Nicolas Sittingbourne
These are all general

Fresh Services out of Darenth, think Bywater do the odd bit of fridge work too

Fowler Welch Teynham

Who’s that lot…

With shiny wheeled MANs and trailers?

The name escapes me, new outfit big plans to expand. I see them at Aldi’s tipping chilled a great deal. I believe they Tilbury way (ish).

Edit typo.

Yourhavingalaugh are you thinking of kinship aka pratt’s bananas if I correct they are at Luton Paddock Wood and on London Gateway. Talking g of which anyone seen any R and R about lately haven’t seen or heard any of their v8’s blasting past. They run some high power kit

the old timer:
Yourhavingalaugh are you thinking of kinship aka pratt’s bananas if I correct they are at Luton Paddock Wood and on London Gateway. Talking g of which anyone seen any R and R about lately haven’t seen or heard any of their v8’s blasting past. They run some high power kit

Yeh that’s…

The lot I was thinking of thanks.

Looking at their website, the main page has DAFs all over it.

Advice to any new driver, you would be better getting some day work experience under you’re belt before trying a tramping position. You have to know how to stay cool sleeping in you’re cab in the summer and how to keep warm in the winter. You’re not born with this skill. It takes time.

UKtramp:
Advice to any new driver, you would be better getting some day work experience under you’re belt before trying a tramping position. You have to know how to stay cool sleeping in you’re cab in the summer and how to keep warm in the winter. You’re not born with this skill. It takes time.

:laughing: :laughing:

Tbf I thinks its a safe bet asking on here. We have a range of contributors from fridge engineers to those who spend the lean months in Dubai so if temperature advice is needed theres a whole wealth of ot available on here :slight_smile:

the old timer:

Saw them pulling out of felixstowe as usual…

toonsy:

UKtramp:

:laughing: :laughing:

Tbf I thinks its a safe bet asking on here. We have a range of contributors from fridge engineers to those who spend the lean months in Dubai so if temperature advice is needed theres a whole wealth of ot available on here :slight_smile:

He knows his beans about refrigeration, there’s regularly a temperature slant to his posts. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Priest:

the old timer:

Saw them pulling out of felixstowe as usual…

Sorry my bad meant R And J from Tilbury. All big BHP motors that fly but not seen any lately

Out of interest, who runs those metallic blue Scania V8 topline bling 6X2’s pulling liveried trailers advertising Grey & Adams from Scotch to presumably Europe? I’m guessing it’s fish.

Silver_Surfer:
Out of interest, who runs those metallic blue Scania V8 topline bling 6X2’s pulling liveried trailers advertising Grey & Adams from Scotch to presumably Europe? I’m guessing it’s fish.

Davidson & Wilson from Aberdeen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damoq, [emoji106]

There is a fridge firm just before sheerness docks on the left hand side if you are approaching
sheerness docks from the bridge. Can’t think of there name at moment.

R&j no longer running, company dissolved last november.

gkdsp:
R&j no longer running, company dissolved last november.

That’s a shame they had some good kit. Over capacity in container haulage, firms seem to go but never an outcry of shortage of trucks or a upturn in rates . Hope the drivers all got alternative work