Vehicles driving with blue lights

The other night 2 vans came speeding past on the m6 with blue lights going. I think they were unmarked, and both had what looked like a car roof box on.

Also a few months ago had 2 or 3 actually quite scruffy looking white vans come past on blue lights.

What could these be? No matter how highly trained the drivers are it’s a risk to the public to be driving at speed on blue lights so what kind of stuff would justify a plain vehicle for whatever organisation to do this.

What other than the obvious is allowed to drive on blue lights with all the exemptions?

Fire Chief possibly. Seen a few in unmarked vehicles with blue lights.

Ambulance drivers are trained in a scruffy looking LWB Transit around here. Has lights and sirens but no markings other than ‘Driver training unit’ on the bonnet.

So many vehicles with blue lights now in the mirrors that I don`t take any notice of them…So good luck if it is your wife/husband/close relative that they are trying to save…But this bod has had enough of all the fake blue lights to take any notice…I also have a clear conscious because I do display psychopathic tendencies :laughing:

Monty Python or the Turks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tude:
So many vehicles with blue lights now in the mirrors that I don`t take any notice of them…So good luck if it is your wife/husband/close relative that they are trying to save…But this bod has had enough of all the fake blue lights to take any notice…I also have a clear conscious because I do display psychopathic tendencies :laughing:

So if I am on blues taking blood/plasma/oxygen etc to your wife/husband/close relative in a small cottage hospital that does not hold stock, and I just happen to be in my own car as a volunteer (Trained paramedic as it happens) you are not going to help me on my way??

There are many plain vehicles that use blue lights for a very good reason!

Where I live police use the A12 to train high speed pursuit drivers. They use unmarked cars but the vehicles themselves are super high spec but look like a 3 year old poverty spec company car

Martin:

Tude:

So if I am on blues taking blood/plasma/oxygen etc to your wife/husband/close relative in a small cottage hospital that does not hold stock, and I just happen to be in my own car as a volunteer (Trained paramedic as it happens) you are not going to help me on my way??

Indeed, and as there are many plain vehicles that use blue lights, I now no longer respond, as I have no idea if they are chancers/fakes and to be honest Ambulances are just plain dangerous in any situation…Do they even have any sort of training? Because it seems like they do not, they do seem to cause accidents in Lincolnshire.
I am not moving, too much traffic and too many incidences for accidents in my opinion.

Tude:

Martin:

Tude:

Indeed, and as there are many plain vehicles that use blue lights, I now no longer respond, as I have no idea if they are chancers/fakes and to be honest Ambulances are just plain dangerous in any situation…Do they even have any sort of training? Because it seems like they do not, they do seem to cause accidents in Lincolnshire.
I am not moving, too much traffic and too many incidences for accidents in my opinion.

You clearly do have issues with the emergency services running on blues & two’s in an emergency so I will only answer one question:

Do they even have any sort of training? Yes they do, very extensive training before they are authorised to drive emergency vehicles, and they have to pass a test that is way more advanced than most of the guys on this site! They are also re-tested at regular intervals.

Tude:

Martin:

Tude:

And an opinion few would value as I’ve only read two posts and concluded you’re almost certainly as massive throbbing bell end could I recommend attaching a flashing purple light to your head so everyone else can take avoiding action should they, by some misfortune, be nearby.

Tude:

Martin:

Tude:

Do you know it’s an offence to wilfully obstruct an emergency vehicle

Martin:

Tude:

Martin:

Tude:

You clearly do have issues with the emergency services running on blues & two’s in an emergency so I will only answer one question:

Do they even have any sort of training? Yes they do, very extensive training before they are authorised to drive emergency vehicles, and they have to pass a test that is way more advanced than most of the guys on this site! They are also re-tested at regular intervals.

Do they have training? They are the best and safest drivers on a public road. Fact.

Tude:

Martin:

Tude:
So many vehicles with blue lights now in the mirrors that I don`t take any notice of them…So good luck if it is your wife/husband/close relative that they are trying to save…But this bod has had enough of all the fake blue lights to take any notice…I also have a clear conscious because I do display psychopathic tendencies [emoji38]

Yes they have a lot of training. In fact, I stand to be corrected, but I think they complete specific training for response, persuit etc. and that they can drive a ambulance or vehicle with blue lights on normal duties, but they cannot travel using blue lights unless they’ve had specific training for it.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Tude:

Don’t feed the troll.

Martin:

Pop quiz of the day.

Do you know why they chose blue and not some other colour?

biggriffin:

Tude:

Don’t feed the troll.

+1

Nite Owl:

Martin:

Pop quiz of the day.

Do you know why they chose blue and not some other colour?

It’s because blue stands out more and also chosen because colour blind people see blue better?

Bomb disposal sometimes have white vans rather than army style ones, although usually they say so on the side.

Other police include ports (not 100% sure), railway police, military police, nuclear site police. I assume they can all use blue lights and did read recently many don’t get fancy new vehicles.

Anything that is undercover such as anti terrorism might use scruffy vans but could have hidden lights to move quickly. Bit like CID cars.

As for ignoring them - either troll or just hand licence back.

if its blue flashing lights,then it is most likely some form of officialdom hence on a mission.
blue non flashing lights on a vehicle are just normal running lights hence meaningless.
2 completely different scenarios there.

dieseldog999:
if its blue flashing lights,then it is most likely some form of officialdom hence on a mission.
blue non flashing lights on a vehicle are just normal running lights hence meaningless.
2 completely different scenarios there.

Green flashing lights can be used by doctors on emergency calls.