Abuse of blue lights

A mate of mine was hit by this stupid woman;
witneygazette.co.uk/news/937 … et/?ref=mr

Impatient but no in-patient! Serves her right, trying to bash a cement-mixer out of the way!

I was coming home last Saturday night about 11pm on the A44.I was going steady as it was quite foggy.
I could see that a vehicle was catching me up.As it came up behind me I saw the blue lights come on,so I put my nearside winker on and slowed to stop,but this what turned out to be a Police 4X4 overtook and switched the blue lights off.All he wanted was to get by.No emergency.Surely there are guidelines for the use of blue lights etc.

I saw something like this last year, although no accident occur’d, a copper put the blues n twos on to go through the red lights and funnily enough he ended up in McDonalds waiting in the que. I did question him asking if he was investigating a domestic with mac n cheese…he didn’t see the funny side to it :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

But it makes you wonder just how many of these so called ‘heros’ are bent. One of the reasons why I don’t trust the emergency services as far as I could throw em

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

The emergency services Jonny are the fire brigade and ambulance guys, who do a fantastic job unless they are on a break then its OK to let a patient die the polis are the tossers in the game cos they have small dicks and love the power the uniform gives them, well, the majority of em anyway :wink:

raymundo:
The emergency services Jonny are the fire brigade and ambulance guys, who do a fantastic job unless they are on a break then its OK to let a patient die the polis are the tossers in the game cos they have small dicks and love the power the uniform gives them, well, the majority of em anyway :wink:

Raymundo,

Can we add the RNLI to that list please. These are the real heroes, going out to sea in all weathers and not even being paid to do so.

just so you know, now that she’s banned from driving, if she regains her driving licence, she will never ever be able to drive on blue lights again as she was envolved in an accident due her own fault.

Private ambulance? Are they allowed the same blue light rights as a regular one?

A mate of mine was stopped at a red light on a junction in Leominster recently.He heard a siren then saw blue lights coming past a couple of other vehicles and a police car came past through the lights on red and turned into a petrol station with a Mace store.No emergency just queue jumping abusing his position and powers.

tell us something knew. the police are ■■■■■■

raymundo:

Well said that man.

mrpj:
Private ambulance? Are they allowed the same blue light rights as a regular one?

yes they are, my mum used to work for a private ambulance company, all of the driver were blue light trained, IIRC it was done by the police. also if they were contracted to the NHS they had to get permission off control to blue light.

this company also covered most events at snetterton circuit, and if needed they would blue light from the circuit to the hospital, and inform control they ARE on blue lights.

also the blue light training is a one shot deal, if the driver is banned from driving, doesn’t matter if there on blue light run or in there own car, they can never drive on blue lights again.

hence why you here about serving police officer getting heavy fines and lot’s of points if they get taken to court…

altitude:

raymundo:

Well said that man.

Well as long as they dont feel offended or traumatised,it is not an offence to tell the jumped up ■■■■■■■ to “■■■■ off”. . . according to what i heard on Jeremy Vine today :laughing:

News to me.

There is nothing to stop anyone (in the correct position) from driving on blues again. No formal training is required other than that of the organisation.

There is no form of DVLA that authorise anyone to drive with blue lights. If you work for an agency that is entitled to use them, THEY will train you and allow you to use them.

Private ambulance organisations do have to make their control rooms aware but ambulance, fire, police etc use them at discretion.

It does annoy me, however I understand that some people may see someone on a blue light run then suddenly stop at a garage. How do you know they were not just told to stand down and needed fuel?

My father (High in police) has noted times that he has been on an “EDR” (Emergency driving response) and had to stop for fuel before lighting up again.

Other times, they just get told to stand down, it could be to get in position to await a target car approaching 5 mins later…

It doesn’t look good to the public but believe me, if someone was to misuse them - Bosses would easily know. Trucks are not the only vehicles to have trackers that are watched closely…

And yes, Im an ex cop.

DadsRetired:

raymundo:

Raymundo,

Can we add the RNLI to that list please. These are the real heroes, going out to sea in all weathers and not even being paid to do so.

My sincere apologies for not mentioning the No. 1 emergency service. I can offer no excuse and after spending about 35 yrs at sea I should have known better. :blush: :blush:
But we were referring to the landbased services. errr. bit of an excuse?

A high court judge, the (intercoursing, rapid hand movement learned gentleman) has decreed that profane language now has a rightful place in the English day to day talk. So if my 12 year old daughter comes up to me and tells me to f*** off will I just have to say OK ? I dont think so! Where have standards gone (FFS!)
ps, last time I told a plod to FO I got done for breach of the peace.

This forum has turned into ‘lets bash thepolice’.
FFS, if a copper flicks his blues and twos on to get through traffic, big deal, perk off the job I say.

well i don’t. maybe you think that nurses should be able to nick medicines from their work or postmen have their mail delivered for ree?

stagedriver:
It does annoy me, however I understand that some people may see someone on a blue light run then suddenly stop at a garage. How do you know they were not just told to stand down and needed fuel?

We don’t but we tend not to get distracted by facts on here and therefore something is wrong or someone is at fault regardless. :wink:

rambo19:
This forum has turned into ‘lets bash thepolice’.
FFS, if a copper flicks his blues and twos on to get through traffic, big deal, perk off the job I say.

Those ■■■■■’s don’t deserve any perks.