Abuse of blue lights

rambo19:
This forum has turned into ‘lets bash thepolice’.
FFS, if a copper flicks his blues and twos on to get through traffic, big deal, perk off the job I say.

I agree. This was originally about a stupid woman who thought she’d be clever and queue jump. She was in so much of a hurry she passed a panda car who radioed base to check out this private ambulance (I thought they carried dead people from the hospital to the undertakers), and before she could be stopped, hit a mixer coming in the opposite direction (doing dead on 40 so 2 fingers to the juggernaut lot). She rebounded into the other 2 cars aswell. This daft tart actually got a parasite 4u lawyer to try to blame the mixer driver for not paying attention and taking avoiding action, when the police said he had absolutely nothing to do with the collision except for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
He did like the report he suffered “minor injuries”…he asked me to note down a claims company phone number if I see one :laughing:

Yeah, I thought Private Ambulance meant black van with blacked out windows, hearse.

If so, why do they need blues? What’s the hurry?

Coffeeholic:

rambo19:
This forum has turned into ‘lets bash thepolice’.
FFS, if a copper flicks his blues and twos on to get through traffic, big deal, perk off the job I say.

Those [zb]'s don’t deserve any perks.

+1! They don’t exactly do a good job as it is so why should they be allowed to have perks! :imp: Until they start doing a proper job maybe they should. But until then. Not a ■■■■■■■ chance :imp: :imp:

Funny really, when they break the law it doesn’t mean a thing. But they’re soon to have ago at the public if they see something they don’t like. It’s the same with anywhere, where someone has a little bit of power, it goes to their head and they act like ■■■■ of the year :unamused: Can’t say I’m surprised.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

To get the dead in the freezer in a hurry…

mrx:
well i don’t. maybe you think that nurses should be able to nick medicines from their work or postmen have their mail delivered for ree?

oh ■■■■!,
i best tell the missus to take the ■■■■■■ back to her clinic!.. :laughing:

stagedriver:
It doesn’t look good to the public but believe me, if someone was to misuse them - Bosses would easily know. Trucks are not the only vehicles to have trackers that are watched closely…

Especially when the public tells the boss !! :smiley:

thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ … ee-stop.do

raymundo:
…the polis are the tossers in the game cos they have small dicks and love the power the uniform gives them

You do realise mickeyblue will be here soon and because of your comments we’re all going to have to listen to him telling us about how big his ■■■■ is. Thanks raymundo, thanks a lot.

SmashedCrabFace:

raymundo:
…the polis are the tossers in the game cos they have small dicks and love the power the uniform gives them

You do realise mickeyblue will be here soon and because of your comments we’re all going to have to listen to him telling us about how big his ■■■■ is. Thanks raymundo, thanks a lot.

How are you? We miss you! :wink:

Sorry for the distress this has obviously caused, but Mickeyblue is exempt because he is only a wannabe copper at present, maybe his will grow to mammoth proportions when he wears the correct uniform :wink: :slight_smile:
Only jesting Mickeyblue

Mike-C:

stagedriver:
It doesn’t look good to the public but believe me, if someone was to misuse them - Bosses would easily know. Trucks are not the only vehicles to have trackers that are watched closely…

Especially when the public tells the boss !! :smiley:

thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ … ee-stop.do

Quote: "While we encourage our officers to engage with local shops, including buying their refreshments, they must do this in a proper way. " A nice attempt at face-saving from the Superintendent! They can’t have been that desperate just for a coffee so what was the reason if not abuse of powers? Trouble is with this behaviour, when they are so blatantly found out, it brings everyone associated into disrepute. Police are only human, which I’ve always thought was part of the problem… but they should at least try to set an example FFS, LOL ETC.

I think it would be funny (for a short while) if all road users had the opportunity to use blue lights if in a genuine hurry. At least you’d get noticed, that is until no-one took any notice any more.

P.S. “It makes a mocha-ry of emergency response warnings”.

At least we know who to call if we are in a hurry to get a coffee :unamused: :laughing:

cieranc:
Yeah, I thought Private Ambulance meant black van with blacked out windows, hearse.

Private ambulances will serve as part of the medical cover for public events, sporting, concerts etc. They also do patient transfers for the NHS when the NHS ambulances are not available and if necessary can run on blues if the patients condition dictates.

In this case it seems to me that the ambulance was late arriving for a booking and the driver was trying to rectify this. Unless there was a casualty waiting, again reading the report I think not, the use of blues to protect company/driver embarrassment seems wholly inappropriate.

mrpj:
Private ambulance? Are they allowed the same blue light rights as a regular one?

My sister is a paramedic. She was telling me the other day, that the nhs now use private companies and Their ambulances as it is cheaper than paying overtime, they are allowed to use blues and twos the only difference is that the ambulance crew are generally not paramedics, but a step up from a first aider.

MysonVinnie:
…the only difference is that the ambulance crew are generally not paramedics, but a step up from a first aider.

That’s reassuring.

What do they do then? Just chuck 'em in the back and drive as fast as they can to somebody who knows what they’re doing?

What next? Policeman who aren’t really policeman but pretend that they are?

Sorry mickeyblue, couldn’t help myself.

Wiretwister:

cieranc:

Private ambulances will serve as part of the medical cover for public events, sporting, concerts etc. They also do patient transfers for the NHS when the NHS ambulances are not available and if necessary can run on blues if the patients condition dictates.

In this case it seems to me that the ambulance was late arriving for a booking and the driver was trying to rectify this. Unless there was a casualty waiting, again reading the report I think not, the use of blues to protect company/driver embarrassment seems wholly inappropriate.

we often book these private ambulances for our race meetings, we normally get 2 or 3 dependant on how far away the hospital is. Our rules state that there must be at least one ambulance crew on track at all times, so to avoid delays if someone hurts themselves, the racing can continue quite quickly, some riders even get a ride in an air ambulance

Some of the worst driving I have seen has been from, I’m sorry to say, ambulance drivers. They seem to love to hammer through junctions on red whereas the police and especially the fire brigade seem alot more cautious.

A mate of mine services the private ambulances ( the hearse ones). They have to get in the back sometimes which I should imagine isn’t very nice. If it was me no doubt some ZB would lock me in there lol

raymundo:
Sorry for the distress this has obviously caused, but Mickeyblue is exempt because he is only a wannabe copper at present, maybe his will grow to mammoth proportions when he wears the correct uniform :wink: :slight_smile:
Only jesting Mickeyblue

Well,dunno about Mickyey having the proper uniform but I do!!

As for blue lights,When I sat my driver training we were given guidelines about appropriate use of the blues n 2s. But these can vary,depending on the call.

As for the size of my tackle,it`s big enough to fill a pram…on several occasions…lol!! :smiley: